Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

If you don't factor it any re-releases, it was second... and only behind by 3m.  

I also don't think the book had any factor at all.

That doesnt change the fact that JP was never the highest grossing film of all time.

JP broke the OW record set by the freaking Batman. How did the book have no factor at all?

I also don't think the book had any factor at all.

I think it was minimal and had a lot more to do with Steven Spielberg being at the height of his career at the time and by far the biggest director in the world with tons of commercial and critical giants like E.T., Jaws, the Indiana Jones trilogy, Schindler's List, etc... his name was definitely a draw.  And when people saw this moving coming, I think it was way more like "A fucking dinosaur movie!?  Wait, what!? How!?" along with every kid losing their minds over that prospect rather than "oh, that novel adaptation!"

• Like 1

My super early predict, $400m domestic, $1.4b OS for $1.8b total. Those of you saying Avatar 2 is a lock to be WW #2 all time are mistaken. I promise the original is not holding up as some are thinking, who knows where the industry will be in three years.

400m? Lol, okay then.

That doesnt change the fact that JP was never the highest grossing film of all time. JP broke the OW record set by the freaking Batman. How did the book have no factor at all?

That's not true, JP was the highest grossing movie until Titanic was released.

I know it wasn't the biggest of all time. But it was HUGE, insanely popular, and had a sequel created by the same team of people, with sky-high expectations from the fans.

Well, it's definitely comparable like I said. I''m just saying that ESB is a much closer case.

• Like 1

My super early predict, $400m domestic, $1.4b OS for $1.8b total. Those of you saying Avatar 2 is a lock to be WW #2 all time are mistaken. I promise the original is not holding up as some are thinking, who knows where the industry will be in three years.

I thought that 700M predict was low, but this is taking it to another level. Let me check is it April fools today. 

• Like 1

Avatar  has been a massive hit back in 2009 because of the gullible GA that ate 3d up without critical and rational thinking.

And the color blue.

And shiny colors.

And funny looking animals.

The movie tells us nothing about the human race as a species, that we are basically nothing more than parasites, xenomorphs as they used to call them on LV-624.

Don't get me started on the too good to be true,nice blue people, bland, cardboard  characters and predictable " plot".

Cameron wrote the script in his sleep whoile he was jerking off to his new and shiny 3d cameras.

Avatard 2 can consider itself lucky if it reaches 1,5b ww.

Element of surprise is gone, 3d is dead, except for the still gullible overseas audience.

OMG.

Posted Image

• Like 2