Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

So let me get this straight:

Cameron thinks the blandest most unspiring yet most expensive show on TV is the best ever

Avatar 2 review embargo lifts only 3 days before release 

thinking-gif-2018-10.gif

That's it. It's over, guys. Might just close this thread....

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, stuart360 said:

This film is going to be more about high week days, and high legs, not any kind of weekend record, well unless we are talking about weekend records weeks into its release.

As big as this film is going to be (and i still think it has a chance at being the biggest, assuming the film is great), its still a sequel to a 13 year old film. This isnt a Star Wars or Marvel fanboy driven film.

A film like this is going to be more about its legs.

It's not SW/MCU, but it's going to have 15m+ previews and $150m+ opening weekend.   If it tops $160m it's in the top 20 OW's all time.   

There is absolutely going to be a rush to see this.  Partly due to that's just being the nature of the game these days, partly due to it being a sequel to the highest grossing movie of all time.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Shit, Cameron has just said LOTR:ROP is the best TV series he's ever seen.

bruce-banner.gif

The 'sea is always right' line must've really got to him.  Or he's just doing that unwritten rule in Hollywood thing where people in that town publicly pretend to like each other's work.

Either way, bad Cameron, bad.

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

The 'sea is always right' line must've really got to him.  Or he's just doing that unwritten rule in Hollywood thing where people in that town publicly pretend to like each other's work.

Well, WETA in NewZealand did work on Amazon's LOTR, as well, so yeah, I'm sure he's supporting/watching his fellow crew's work a bit... 

But yeah, if he has the time to do that, Mr. Cameron...  Where is THE ABYSS (or TITANIC, or even TRUE LIES) on 4K disc???  😐😁

• Thanks 1

Just now, Macleod said:

Well, WETA in NewZealand did work on Amazon's LOTR, as well, so yeah, I'm sure he's supporting/watching his fellow crew's work a bit... 

But yeah, if he has the time to do that, Mr. Cameron...  Where is THE ABYSS (or TITANIC, or even TRUE LIES) on 4K disc???  😐😁

Titanic is being re-released in theatres in 4K (Feb 23), I fully expect a series of releases to happen mid-late next year.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Heh heh hope those are things for home launch that comes during or after avatar saga. Wow on China release.

Even with lockdowns China could yield 500-750 mil alone. Can you smell that 2.5-3 billion plus ww potential. Especially if it blows us away like Avatar 1. Yes thank you Bob Iger and company who was.doing negotiations. 

I feel better about breaking avatar 1 ww gross now.

Share your thoughts.

Kal of Bom is very happy with the news. Heard it first from John campia btw..

Wherever we go the avatar fàn family is our Fortress!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

29 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

He's just showing support to his friends and colleagues. Cameron has a lot of power but he still tows the company line when needed.

Plus although i havent watched the LOTR show, wasnt it really the hardcore LOTR fans that didnt like it, while casual fans did?.

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Heh heh hope those are things after avatar saga. Wow on China release.

Even with lockdowns China could yield 500-750 mil alone. Can you smell that 2.5-3 billion plus ww potential. Especially if it blows us away like Avatar 1. Yes thank you Bob Iger and company who was.doing negotiations. 

I feel better about breaking avatar 1 ww gross now.

Outside of the potential health problems with Covid, which sucks for China obviously, it really sucks that we are not going to see what this film could truley do in China.

I honestly had it down for a bill in China alone, assuming a full release and no covid problems.

Thats where my 'first film to hit 3bil worldwide' prediction came from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

He's just showing support to his friends and colleagues. Cameron has a lot of power but he still tows the company line when needed.

Plus although i havent watched the LOTR show, wasnt it really the hardcore LOTR fans that didnt like it, while casual fans did?.

Hardcore Tolkien/book fans hated it, but some of those guys didn't even like the Peter Jackson trilogy—including Christopher Tolkien himself, who many of those fans consider to be on the level of J.R.R. Tolkien himself given how much he has done to preserve and expand his father's legacy such as the editing/publishing of The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales after he died.  Casual fans appear to be quite mixed on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

It's not SW/MCU, but it's going to have 15m+ previews and $150m+ opening weekend.   If it tops $160m it's in the top 20 OW's all time.   

There is absolutely going to be a rush to see this.  Partly due to that's just being the nature of the game these days, partly due to it being a sequel to the highest grossing movie of all time.   

Yep and 13 years of anticipation wow. Imagine a 185- 200mil+ ow and still having legs of an epic JC film domestically. Wow on potential

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

Outside of the potential health problems with Covid, which sucks for China obviously, it really sucks that we are not going to see what this film could truley do in China.

I honestly had it down for a bill in China alone, assuming a full release and no covid problems.

Thats where my 'first film to hit 3bil worldwide' prediction came from.

Here's hoping it's a stellar movie and sequel and still manages 600m-700 m just in china  Stuart. Yep I predicted 1.1 billy from China alone and some predicted 1.4billy! China had so much potential before all this. Still let's see what Juggernaut 2 that is Avatar2 can do in China. I think we can still hamper absurd numbers over there even with shutdowns. Alot of pandorians are in asian markets who will be flocking theaters on Dec 16th👍😎.

Hmm ww 3 day opening coming for Avatar 2 of 550-600+ mil?

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

eyKW6cT1.png

13 hours ago, NCsoft said:

I picked up on that too when I was watchingInteresting comment.

Hey NCsoft. Looks like.we getting a china  release. Exciting times. John campea still feels 500-700 mil possible in china with this movie. Wow I hope no less than 400-500 m run from China alone

Theaters operating in china at 60-70% open..So hopefully that's enough with multiple views to get more than double - triple Fast 9 crapfest numbers in China.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Like 1