Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean... Most people predict RT to be in the 80's after reactions, exactly like it's happening 

It's bizarre how some people never say anything in this thread than suddenly they came talking about "things we said" when in reality, we didn't

Yep i predicted a 85 numeous times. I did say it COULD hit 90 if the film really is as good as the early reactions/reviews suggested, but i felt there are too many things going against this film for that.

I will admit i'll feel a little dissapointed in this finished under the first films 82, but like i said earlier that more because of just how many of the reviews mention the film is a lot better than the first.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Up to 85% on RT with 93 reviews 

Holding on 72 on Metacritic 

Weird seeing a movie actually going up after the first bunch lol, i suppose that's happen when everyone see the movie in time to drop reviews all at the same time 

Don't get your hopes up. It just a few points. Likely to be in the 70s by thursdays.

• Sad 1

It's still kind of wild to me that Cameron pulled off another critically well received Avatar film that is getting awards attention again.

The box office prospects will now, of course, come down to audience reception. As a certified box office nerd for 20+ years, I hope we get a fun run to follow!

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

To be fair to critics, as part of their job they have to look at all aspects of the film, and maybe there are certain aspects that dont live up to other aspects.

Doesnt mean the film isnt a majical 'experience' that will blow away the masses that want to transported out of reality for 3 hours, like the first film did.

Edited by stuart360

3 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

Don't get your hopes up. It just a few points. Likely to be in the 70s by thursdays.

Why exactly? The pool sample is already big enough to prevent from such a drop and the trend is going upwards. It should settle at 83-86%.

3 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Lol this is exactly what we expected out of the initial reactions. I even read dozens of those reviews out and yes that's exactly those things, at least critic-wise. What the heck is everyone on about? 

The enthusiastic tweets last week clouded everyone's judgment

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Do you mean the tweets last week that pointed to a mid-80s RT score in a near mirror image of the Avatar reviews (amazing visuals, mixed reviews on story)? 

What are you on about?

6 minutes ago, AniNate said:

What exactly do you mean? Sure same exaggerated with the numbers, but those ratings are totally in the range what most of us expected, even most of the die hard fans.

Edited by dignam