Financial Times 3

Daily Mail 4

Daily Express 2 

BBC 2

Metro 3

Digital Spy 3

yeah whats up with that? uk critics being so harsh I mean

they also gave TGM some of its worst reviews

I'm sorry, and i cant even say what i really want to say as i have already been warned about questioning reviewers, but how on earth are you supposed to take 1/10 and 2/10 reviews seriousy?.

I mean to get a score like that a film should be absolutely awful ,with zero redeeming qualities.

Some poeple l;ol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AniNate said:

"Gave ___________ a 25/100, gave ________ a 75/100."

This is childish, just saying

I would agreed with you if it's an isolated case, but his case is worthy of some wtf reactions.

I've known him for quite some time, dude just act like a troll sometimes

He manage to write panned reviews about Banshees Of Inisherin, Armageddon Time, Nope, The Batman, Spencer, After Yang etc 

Praising Morbius is just the crown jewery. Of course nobody have anything to do with his opinions but i don't see why we can't make some fun of it

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

U.K. reviews. Far from great. 

Independent 3

Evening Standard 4

Empire 5

Total Film 4

Telegraph 1

Guardian 2

The Times 2

Financial Times 3

Daily Mail 4

Daily Express 2 

BBC 2

Metro 3

Digital Spy 3

In all fairness - it's really cold over here right now.

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I'm sorry, and i cant even say what i really want to say as i have already been warned about questioning reviewers, but how on earth are you supposed to take 1/10 and 2/10 reviews seriousy?.

I mean to get a score like that a film should be absolutely awful ,with zero redeeming qualities.

Some poeple l;ol.

You aren't obligated to take any review seriously. But it's their opinion on the film, they clearly didn't get much out of their experience. If the review is poorly written, dishonest, or otherwise doesn't fit the standards for a critical review, it's fair game to criticize the reviewer for that, but you can't ask someone to give a rating that isn't their honest opinion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Just like the first movie really then. We had the fanboys getting depressed over the beauty of the film, and the haters who hated the film so much that there are whole movements against this sequel (cringe).

Thankfully the people that like it far outweigh the people that dont.

Yes indeed I can see 80+M Tickets sold and beyond for this one.. Thats  all we care about is that the fans of Titanic and Avatar like it. And they will bring their families :)... MWAHHAHAHAH.. Going to be funny if even after all its facing this one still makes record runs from sheer repeat business even in smaller BO territorries.. Headlines I feel them coming and their all going to be Positive BO wise

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

U.K. reviews. Far from great. 

Independent 3

Evening Standard 4

Empire 5

Total Film 4

Telegraph 1

Guardian 2

The Times 2

Financial Times 3

Daily Mail 4

Daily Express 2 

BBC 2

Metro 3

Digital Spy 3

You know the most triggering part is that my tax payer money goes to the BBC, so they can get some film snob to review a movie in a way that's completely irrevalent to the people who actually paying for them to have a job

Main-Stream Media should have critics that have similar tastes to the general audience, not someone who scoffs whenever a budget goes over $50m

Edited by IronJimbo

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Armageddon Time, Nope, The Batman, Spencer,

I can see how someone could really not enjoy those 4 movies though

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

If the review is poorly written, dishonest, or otherwise doesn't fit the standards for a critical review,

Well I think this gets twisted too easily too tbh, but the "he loved this crappy movie, why didn't he love this masterpiece" line is never very intelligent sounding.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You know the most triggering part is that my tax payer money goes to the BBC, so they can get some film snob to review a movie in a way that's completely irrevalent to the people who actually paying for them to have a job

Main-Stream Media should have critics that have similar tastes to the general audience, not someone who scoffs whenever a budget goes over $50m

The BBC giving Avatar 2 a bad review is not that deep.

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yeah whats up with that? uk critics being so harsh I mean

they also gave TGM some of its worst reviews

nope!!

Top Gun: Maverick U.K. reviews

Telegraph 5

Independent 4

Daily Mail 5

Daily express 5

Empire 5

Total Film 5

The Times 4

Guardian 4 (Kermode)

Guardian 3 (Bradshaw)

Metro 4

Financial Times 4

Digital Spy 4

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

they’re usually pretty good when it comes to aligning on the quality event movies. I’m wondering if a couple of the press showings that these all went to were turned off by the frame rate. Who knows. 

or….maybe it just isn’t that great!! 

Edited by wildphantom

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

nope!!

Top Gun: Maverick U.K. reviews

Telegraph 5

Independent 4

Daily Mail 5

Daily express 5

Empire 5

Total Film 5

The Times 4

Guardian 4 (Kermode)

Guardian 3 (Bradshaw)

Metro 4

Financial Times 4

Digital Spy 4

thought I remembered seeing 3 uk reviewers giving it a 3/5, must have been wrong