Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

39 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Any numbers brother Kayom for Friday?

" Its look like You!, This is your Avatar!"

Avatar for 450-550M WW opening with a 7x plus overall Multiplier.

Lets Go 3 billion ww and beyond!

None yet. I'm also relying on Deadline's update. 😅

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

They should’ve brought Leona Lewis back to do the song again, that Weeknd song was crap and didn’t fit. 

Totally forgot she did that song. In a way its virtual nonexistence in the public consciousness was an omen for all the cultural legacy arguments that plagued the film afterwards. Whatever anyone says about My Heart Will Go On, at least it stuck around. 

23 minutes ago, Nero said:

Years ago is different thing though. He recently gave interview with CBM related guy and Cameron said to that he likes both Marvel and DC and he's not gonna talk about it. I don't get where some people are getting impression that he hates it. 

https://youtu.be/k8BCDxRZpn0

Sure, if you just saw this last YouTube interview maybe, but you know this 'impression that he hates CBM' was built through the years for many CBM fans - not recently. And you can't fix this impression just with one interview.
You would need to check any reddit/twitter older quoted interviews of Cameron mentioning CBM to get idea of it and see comments under these of people that hate him just for that. Ofc articles with clickbait titles like "Cameron once again bashed CBM" were adding to the fire in last 10 years and Cameron was still mentioning superhero movies once in a while so he can blame himself for that. 

Avatar passing Endgame after re-release also added to the fire.  Before first Avatar 2 teaser landed online lot of stuff you could saw online in places like reddit/twitter were just mocking or hating on Cameron/Avatar. After the teaser and re-release of first Avatar in September I started to see way more positive words finally after so many years of just talking bs.
And I'm not relating Cameron being known as CBM hater to current BO performance of Avatar 2 if you think I am. 

Edited by adaros

5 minutes ago, adaros said:

Sure, if you just saw this last YouTube interview maybe, but you know this 'impression that he hates CBM' was built through the years for many CBM fans - not recently. And you can't fix this impression just with one interview.
You would need to check any reddit/twitter older quoted interviews of Cameron mentioning CBM to get idea of it and see comments under these of people that hate him just for that. Ofc articles with clickbait titles like "Cameron once again bashed CBM" were adding to the fire in last 10 years and Cameron was still mentioning superhero movies once in a while so he can blame himself for that. 

Avatar passing Endgame after re-release also added to the fire.  Before first Avatar 2 teaser landed online lot of stuff you could saw online in places like reddit/twitter were just mocking or hating on Cameron/Avatar. After the teaser and re-release of first Avatar in September I started to see way more positive words finally after so many years of just talking bs.
And I'm not relating Cameron being known as CBM hater to current BO performance of Avatar 2 if you think I am. 

Let's suppose that Cameron hates CBM but how is that related with getting low scores on RT. 

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Let's suppose that Cameron hates CBM but how is that related with getting low scores on RT. 

RT Critics is lower than Avatar 1 but verified audience is higher, I think rating numbers are respectable. Avatar was never a generally beloved thing as you know, second or third film no matter what will not change it, it's not LOTR which most people saw and loved to death.  

Just now, adaros said:

RT Critics is lower than Avatar 1 but verified audience is higher, I think rating numbers are respectable. Avatar was never a generally beloved thing as you know, second or third film no matter what will not change it, it's not LOTR which most people saw and loved to death.  

I mean some critics seem to have an issue (Specifically UK critics) but the original post i was responding to way saying something else. 

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

I mean some critics seem to have an issue (Specifically UK critics) but the original post i was responding to way saying something else. 

Look like Uk critics just don't like it that much, so curious how it will perform in UK in BO.

Edited by adaros

1 hour ago, adaros said:

There was no verified audience in 2009. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adaros said:

Verified audience was not a thing back then.

Critics were always going to be harsher on this one whether the film was better or not.

36 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

I had high hopes that ATWOW would be special. For a time I even thought it could challenge A1 for the WW crown (before the China shutdown issues). Now it seems that it may not even make it into the top 10 WW. That hurts. 

:whosad:

How is it not gonna make top 10 ww? To make top 5 it needs 1.917 billion. 

140 ow in usa times 4.5 (quite conservative) gives 630. Times 2.4 for avatar's domestic to international ratio (without china) Gives 1510. Plus China's 150. Minus Russia's 100. Gives almost 2.2 billion. 

Even with a domestic multiplier of just x4 OW it seems likely to me WW total shiuld be enough to do little over 1.9 billion and make the top 5 worldwide.

3 minutes ago, eridani said:

How is it not gonna make top 10 ww? To make top 5 it needs 1.917 billion. 

140 ow in usa times 4.5 (quite conservative) gives 630. Times 2.4 for avatar's domestic to international ratio (without china) Gives 1510. Plus China's 150. Minus Russia's 100. Gives almost 2.2 billion. 

Even with a domestic multiplier of just x4 OW it seems likely to me WW total shiuld be enough to do little over 1.9 billion and make the top 5 worldwide.

Add to that minus Japan, as right now A2 is doing nothing there

• Like 1

Pandorians- 55-70 m Friday!!! YES!!!

Let's go!

150-165+m OW?

850-1b domestic.

. 2billion on lock baby!

Avatar 2 is coming for that world record total...Cmon Jake!!

WE'LL SEND THEM THE MESSAGE!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1