Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Everyone is still comparing the 3D in every other movie to AVATAR cause the 3D in other movies isn't done as well, but see?? That's where it stops.. We get that Cameron was the 1st to give the masses REAL 3D for AVATAR, but now what??? What's he going to give us to top the intro to 3D in the sequel??? I get tired of having to repeat the same bullshit questions over and over, but come on folks.. Unless Cameron has something to WOW us the next time out, I'm not seeing how the sequel could gross anymore than the 1st movie and please, spare me the TA2 questions regarding this cause that franchise is in a class of it's own...

I don't think I've seen anyone predict an increase over the first. The Avengers's has the advantage of all these tie-in movies like Thor 2, Cap 2 to keep us excited about TA2, but there is a risk that it backfires. Say if both Cap and Thor ended up being bad, there is a chance it could effect the hype and buzz for TA2.

Yeah, in their eyes, talking Avatar is not cool while talking Inception makes them sound smart.

How to come across as sophisticated in this thread:Thou shall worship Nolan Thou shall love Inception and claim how smart it isThou shall prefer TDK to any other comic book movie ever put to screen.Thou shall class any over-rated classic over 20 years old as a masterpiece.Thou shall hate Michael BayThou shall claim Bay action is hard to see (yet praise action films like Bourne Ultimatum even though its as it the fighting was being filmed by someone with Parkinson's desease.)Thou shall hate Transformers but praise Pacific Rim (a film like Transformers only not as good)Thou shall never admit to enjoying any movie with an RT score below 60%
  • Like 5

Everyone is still comparing the 3D in every other movie to AVATAR cause the 3D in other movies isn't done as well, but see?? That's where it stops.. We get that Cameron was the 1st to give the masses REAL 3D for AVATAR, but now what??? What's he going to give us to top the intro to 3D in the sequel??? I get tired of having to repeat the same bullshit questions over and over, but come on folks.. Unless Cameron has something to WOW us the next time out, I'm not seeing how the sequel could gross anymore than the 1st movie and please, spare me the TA2 questions regarding this cause that franchise is in a class of it's own...

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Avatar had a story that has been told countless times, but a story that resonates with the masses. Avatar had spectacular visuals. For most of his movies he has come out with new technology, DOFP is going with 3000 fps, do you think Cameron will get DOFP surpass Avatar 2, I would imagine he is coming up with 5000+ fps for a whole scene. I know for Avatar he came up with 3 new technologies for movies, I would imagine he steps it up this time as well.

One more time why is TA2 on its class of its own when compared to Avatar 2?

• Like 1

How to come across as sophisticated in this thread:Thou shall worship NolanThou shall love Inception and claim how smart it isThou shall prefer TDK to any other comic book movie ever put to screen.Thou shall class any over-rated classic over 20 years old as a masterpiece.Thou shall hate Michael BayThou shall claim Bay action is hard to see (yet praise action films like Bourne Ultimatum even though its as it the fighting was being filmed by someone with Parkinson's desease.)Thou shall hate Transformers but praise Pacific Rim (a film like Transformers only not as good)Thou shall never admit to enjoying any movie with an RT score below 60%

I give you ten spiritual likes for this.

• Like 1

Jim Gianopolis:

Of course, Jim Cameron is finalizing the scripts– yes, that was plural– for the continuation of the saga that began with the highest grossing film in history– Avatar. The growing breadth and scale of Jim’s magnificent fantasy world will come to life through three films, scheduled for release in December 2016, December 2017, and December 2018. We’re confident these major cinematic events will amaze and enthrall audiences around the world.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/jim-cameron-working-on-multiple-avatar-sequels/

Posted Image

• Like 3

BKB thinks Avatar 2 will bring nothing new, I was countering.

3000 fps? 5000 fps? What the hell...

What's that good for? Maybe for super slo-mo. I guess Zack Snyder would be into it...

Edited by Elessar

How to come across as sophisticated in this thread:Thou shall worship NolanThou shall love Inception and claim how smart it isThou shall prefer TDK to any other comic book movie ever put to screen.Thou shall class any over-rated classic over 20 years old as a masterpiece.Thou shall hate Michael BayThou shall claim Bay action is hard to see (yet praise action films like Bourne Ultimatum even though its as it the fighting was being filmed by someone with Parkinson's desease.)Thou shall hate Transformers but praise Pacific Rim (a film like Transformers only not as good)Thou shall never admit to enjoying any movie with an RT score below 60%

Incredible, my personal favorite being "Thou shall hate Transformers but praise Pacific Rim (a film like Transformers only not as good)" and "Thou shall claim Bay action is hard to see (yet praise action films like Bourne Ultimatum even though its as it the fighting was being filmed by someone with Parkinson's desease.)". Aint that truth. :worthy: 

Avatar had a story that has been told countless times, but a story that resonates with the masses. Avatar had spectacular visuals. For most of his movies he has come out with new technology, DOFP is going with 3000 fps, do you think Cameron will get DOFP surpass Avatar 2, I would imagine he is coming up with 5000+ fps for a whole scene. I know for Avatar he came up with 3 new technologies for movies, I would imagine he steps it up this time as well.

One more time why is TA2 on its class of its own when compared to Avatar 2?

Hmm... 5000 fps! Don't worry Jim won't do that!  ;)