Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Everyone on this forum, every one of you, is fighting for survival, and that's a fact. There's a fanboy horde out there massing for an attack. These forum pageviews tell me that the hostile numbers have gone from a few hundred, to well over two thousand in one day. And more are pourin' in. In a week's time there could be 20,000 of 'em. At that point they will overrun our perimeter. That's not gonna happen. Our only security lies in preemptive attack. We will fight terror with terror. The hostiles believe that their franchises are protected by their... fanaticism. And when we destroy them, we will blast a crater in their memory so deep, that they won't come within a billion dollars of AVATAR ever again. And that, too, is a fact.

Sorry, was channeling Kal there for a sec, but I'm better now.

I'd give you a thousand likes for this if I could.

And that...is a fact.

• Like 1

Biehn can do crazy-evil as in The Abyss and Tombstone

His performance in The Abyss is why I don't think he can make a villain as charismatic as Stephen Lang in Avatar. Avatar needs this kind of over-powering-everything type of villain because of the grand epic story, and being a theater actor for yaers, he totally pulled it off in Avatar.

Biehn can make a great villain in other type of movies, but not this.

Edited by vc2002

Stephen Lang is a pure evil villain in Avatar, but the character got great charisma. Wouldn't mind him being the villain again.

BTW, I don't think Michael Biehn can make a as good villain.

Yeah, I like Biehn but he is a vanilla villain compared to Lang and Arnold in T1 in terms of charisma and pure badassness.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

It's probably fan-dreaming, but I don't see why Stephen Lang's inclusion automatically means Biehn's exclusion. In fact, should Cameron want a human commander who's initially on the wrong side but becomes increasingly sympathetic toward the Na'Vi, Biehn would be a great choice.

But in my dreams, Stephen Lang will come back and we're supposed to think he's trying to hunt down Jake, but as he approaches him, so too enters Michael Biehn. Then Stephen Lang says, 'Get down.' and blasts Biehn with a shotgun shell.

• Like 5

But in my dreams, Stephen Lang will come back and we're supposed to think he's trying to hunt down Jake, but as he approaches him, so too enters Michael Biehn. Then Stephen Lang says, 'Get down.' and blasts Biehn with a shotgun shell.

And then Lang says to Jake "live with me if you want to come."

:circles:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 6

And then when Biehn gets up from that and walks through a gate, Bill Paxton chokes on his cigar

• Like 1