Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, K1Rey said:

Disney has bought out Marvel, has bought out George Lucas.

And will eventually buy out James Cameron himself.

I know you're semi joking but James Cameron never has submitted to corporate and never will.

4 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

Why so?

Cameron always delays his films. Cameron is a perfectionist. They haven't started filming yet and Cameron will being filming three movies at once.  While he is filming Avatar 3 and 4. Avatar 2 will be in post production. Cameron will want to make sure everything is perfect. 

Just now, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

He doesn't submit, but he willingly works with them. 

Only if it's a works in his favor.

You know the only reason he directed the Titanic was so he could dive to the wreckage?

You know that he refused to sell The Terminator script when he was homeless at the time, unless he could direct it himself.

You know that he took a prop gun into a producers office who wanted to change parts of the films, he put the gun on the table then said "anythings on the table"?

This mans insane.

I wouldn't call Avatar a film.  I would call it a "3rd person documentary of a possible futuristic universe". 

I also wouldn't call TFA a film.  I would call it a "religious propaganda tool for the agents of the light side". 

I wouldn't call these forums "movie forums". I would call them "learning grounds for future back bencher politicians". 

• Like 2

Okay time to be serious and ignore all trolls. 

I believe this will decrease from the original but this will make at least 500M DOM and 2B WW.  The original came in at the right time and surfed on the beginning  of the 3D era.  It's less popular now, but once marketing kicks in and people see the visuals effects, they'll forget that they hate the original and come back to the movie theater to see it. 

James Cameron is a great director and knows what drive people to the movies.  After all,  he's James Cameron the greatest pioneer. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I welcome all the Iron Jim afficionados to this board! There's never enough!

ASd0Ukj0y3qMM.gif

Hi Ralph, I'll probably be gone once TFA's run is over and back for SW8 and Avatar 2.

I'm not JamesCameronScholar but I am the IronJim from the thread the other day, I lost the login for that one.

wnBtTXx.png

• Like 1

I think $3 billion is definitely on the table for Avatar 2, but there's no way Avatar 3 and 4 are increasing like that with only a year between each of the releases. Maybe if the gap was 5+ years between each sequel. Markets simply cannot expand fast enough to meet that kind of projected box office growth.