Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

He minced words a bit, but just look at his reaction and expressions. He's clearly trying to skate around just flat out saying he wasn't a big fan. Not that hard to read. I also think it's comical he thinks the PT broke new ground visually. TPM had already been outdone in visual innovation be the much cheaper The Matrix in the same year. And AOTC and ROTS certainly weren't innovators. 

As much as I dislike the PT no one can deny what it brought to the cinema industry. I recommend watching "Side by Side" a documentary about Films and the appereance of numeric cameras. It is clear that the PT brought numeric to a new Age.

Also how can Cameron not be inspired by the PT when he used the same "All blue screen" kind of effects, and the PT was again clearly a pioneer for the CGI fuckfest that goes around these days.

• Like 2

People are making too big of a fuzz about this. So what if he didn't like TFA? And I wouldn't want nobody beating my record either. Cameron's a competitive dude. I mean, is that a surprise? He should get his facts straight tho. Lucas only directed four SW films, not six. Anyways, competition is a good thing. It forces filmmakers to apply themselves, which leads to better movies.

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Maybe so, but I still believe he's pissed that TFA beat Avatar DOM. It wouldn't at all be out of character for him (we all know he doesn't have a small ego), and the lack of any congratulatory response from him or his team for a new domestic champion was very telling. 

Makes $2.8billion internationally 7 years ago, why on earth would he be pissed about Americans nostaglia.

3 hours ago, The Stingray said:

People are making too big of a fuzz about this. So what if he didn't like TFA? And I wouldn't want nobody beating my record either. Cameron's a competitive dude. I mean, is that a surprise? He should get his facts straight tho. Lucas only directed four SW films, not six. Anyways, competition is a good thing. It makes you apply yourself more.

Are you seriously suggesting Cameron doesn't know that Lucas only directed 4 of them?

5 hours ago, Free State of Tele said:

I don't really buy any sort of ill-will between Cameron and any other filmmaker, or vice versa. Fans on either side read way too much into the tea-leaves. 

I don't even do that, Jim is incredibly modest and respectful in the public eye. It's only on set when we he is a monster and he says he has mellowed down with age.

Also Tele I didn't realise that was you for a second, spooked me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Free State of Tele said:

I don't really buy any sort of ill-will between Cameron and any other filmmaker, or vice versa. Fans on either side read way too much into the tea-leaves. 

Cameron is beloved and respected by all his peers.

Tons of filmmakers were invited on the Avatar set.

Cameron helped Cuaron, Scorcese, Bay & Ang Lee for the 3d of their films and of course the bromance between Cameron and Jackson is like the Spielberg/Lucas of our times.

And if you have any question, Cameron is one of the go to guy in Hollywood.

This interview is great by the way, who is this girl, she has like 35 subs and  nailed a Cameron interview ?

How did she manage that ?

Cameron is one your peer Tele.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

He didn't actually say the Prequels were better movies though, just that they did more interesting things visually which I don't think anyone can disagree with. We certainly saw more different environments, planets and ship designs in the PT than TFA. That's all he was saying.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

He didn't actually say the Prequels were better movies though, just that they did more interesting things visually which I don't think anyone can disagree with. We certainly saw more different environments, planets and ship designs in the PT than TFA. That's all he was saying.

Obviously we saw more, the PT is a film series consisting of 3 movies compared to just one!;)

2 minutes ago, Giesi said:

Obviously we saw more, the PT is a film series consisting of 3 movies compared to just one!;)

But even if you took just one film in the PT like say AOTC (easily the worst film), you still saw new planet designs that weren't just repeats of previous planets used before.

5 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Not that he is wrong , but funny that Cameron can attack TFA while saying fans will love Terminator Genysis, which didn't really offer much new either

IS THIS IS BAIT??!??!

I never realized @IronJimbo was really Spencer Hall. Got a take on the SEC West, man? :rofl: 

oVz6VhqFEe25qqI69rQMielf0fcV6AzQozJ0sAAA edsbs
James Cameron made Aliens, he can talk shit to whomever he likes
6/29/16, 4:15 PM

oVz6VhqFEe25qqI69rQMielf0fcV6AzQozJ0sAAA edsbs
If you want to get back at him, call him at 1-800-THE SUB I BUILT WITH MY OWN MONEY SO I COULD CHILL DOWN IN THE MARIANAS TRENCH ALONE
6/29/16, 4:16 PM
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, moviesRus said:

But even if you took just one film in the PT like say AOTC (easily the worst film), you still saw new planet designs that weren't just repeats of previous planets used before.

I don't necessarily think TFA had bland planet designs.  The desert one, sure, but the other two didn't look like Hoth or Endor (which is the complaint I heard).

Also the island one at the very end was very unique.

Just now, RichWS said:

My old roommates used to randomly quote this all the time:

otlQse9.gif

You're fired!

I made a gif where Anry shoots Joss Wheldon into a Marvel HQ chopper. Seriously Avengers got blown out, people actually thought it could make more than Avatar.