Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 hours ago, robertman2 said:

Its a joke about Tele's legendary club of legend

4 hours ago, stripe said:

LOL

didn't know that club existed!

That thread is the gift that keeps on giving. 

A thousand years from now, some data archeologist is going to stumble upon it and marvel at its brilliance. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Noctis said:

Can someone please explain to me when this is coming out? I'm a little tipsy so for some reason this grabbed my attention...

Yes, James, I understand you dived and a made a record with a trench in Asia but come on. I watched the movie when I was 16...I never expected I would be fucking 30 to see the sequel. Yes, you have an amazing mind. No, you are not king of the world. But still...hurry up. 

No one actually knows.  I don't think even James Cameron knows.  

All that has been said is this:

Which is almost certainly a placeholder for A2.

However rumors are already starting to come out that the forthcoming Young Han Solo film might move to Dec 14 2018, so who the hell knows?  I've maintained that there's room enough for the both of them, but as of right now Avatar 2 doesn't have a hard release date, only that supposed one listed above.

Edited by Porthos
Swapped out Dec 13 for Dec 14 - MSW was probably thinking of Thr Previews

49 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That thread is the gift that keeps on giving. 

A thousand years from now, some data archeologist is going to stumble upon it and marvel at its brilliance. :lol:

Yes they will, because by that time BLACKHAT will have grossed $157.251m in China through multiple releases.

:sarah: 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Cameron is the ultimate perfectionist which means his greatest flaw is how slow ass hell he is.

I think FOX has humored him long enough. 10 years is a long time for a sequel... A LONG TIME.

That s  a misconception, from 1983 through 1997, he was relentless movie making wise.

Movies are only ONE part of Cameron s interests , guy is invested in tons of other things and he hates being idle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Cameron is the ultimate perfectionist which means his greatest flaw is how slow ass hell he is.

I think FOX has humored him long enough. 10 years is a long time for a sequel... A LONG TIME.

T2 started shooting principal photography less than a year (October 1990 and wrapped in late March 1991)  before its US release on july, 3 1991 leaving merely 4 months of post-production to complete it before its world premiere.(I think Rogue Nation had more post-production days even after the release date moving up the schedule). Just saying.

I don't think Cameron is slow per se, he's most effective when the aim is set clear for everyone involved and stops at nothing to get the job done as he sees fit by then.(Aliens, Abyss and Titanic's crew can testify of Cameron's "effective" directing..."effective" as in "being a relentless asshole to obtain what he wants exactly how he wants illico presto"). The reason he takes so much time in between movies since Titanic is that making movies is not his sole priority in life anymore and he also doesn't give a shit about making release dates before completing a proper shooting script like 99% of tentpoles directors nowadays. (especially if he really wants to shoot several Avatar movies back to back)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

However rumors are already starting to come out that the forthcoming Young Han Solo film might move to Dec 14 2018, so who the hell knows?  I've maintained that there's room enough for the both of them, but as of right now Avatar 2 doesn't have a hard release date, only that supposed one listed above.

Not with Disney requiring 3 weeks of premium screens with their SW films

Just now, AndyLL said:

Not with Disney requiring 3 weeks of premium screens with their SW films

I've thought about that but with more PLF screens coming out every year, I don't know if that is as much of an issue.  There would be fights over the best of the best, yes.  And maybe more competition in the midsized cities.  But it just seems to me that the overall level of PLF screens is rising enough that there might be enough room for both to duke it out, especially by the time 2018/2019/2020 roll around.

Why watch a visually stale star wars film on a premium screen when you could watch Avatar 2?

DEC 2019 is very possible... hope I don't lose interest in posting here, I want to be here when Avatar 2 blows everyone out of the water.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why watch a visually stale star wars film on a premium screen when you could watch Avatar 2?

DEC 2019 is very possible... hope I don't lose interest in posting here, I want to be here when Avatar 2 blows everyone out of the water.

Huh... I don't know, because it's Goddamn Star Wars? The single most iconic film franchise in history?

And honestly, Avatar was average. It doesn't hold half a candle to anything Cameron's ever done, except for the 1st half of Titanic (which was boring as shit). Yes, it was visually impressive and all, but visuals are only gonna carry you for so long. It's all about story and characters in the world of storytelling. Avatar's story and characters.... not that impressive. That movie's trump card is the worldbuilding, and that's it. The story's bland and awfully familiar (Pocahontas & Dances With Wolves say hi), which'd be excusable w/good characters... and I can't remember anyone from the movie. I can only remember blue people. And the only reason why it had the legs it did was because it was riding big on the coattails of the IMAX 3D breakthrough. Avatar 2 is NOT reaching those heights unless Cameron figures out some other new epic innovation, like IMAX 4D or Ultra 6K or whatever, when the theater's chairs tickle you everytime sex scenes happen during the movie.

Avatar 2's gonna do well, but you are becoming so obnoxious w/your Cameron dick sucking that I'm starting to kinda hope that it underperforms, just to see your reaction.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Huh... I don't know, because it's Goddamn Star Wars? The single most iconic film franchise in history?

And honestly, Avatar was average. It doesn't hold half a candle to anything Cameron's ever done, except for the 1st half of Titanic (which was boring as shit). Yes, it was visually impressive and all, but visuals are only gonna carry you for so long. It's all about story and characters in the world of storytelling. And the only reason why it had the legs it did was because it was riding big on the coattails of the IMAX 3D breakthrough. Avatar 2 is NOT reaching those heights unless Cameron figures out some other new epic innovation, like IMAX 4D or Ultra 6K or whatever, when the theater's chairs tickle you everytime sex scenes happen during the movie.

Avatar 2's gonna do well, but you are becoming so obnoxious w/your Cameron dick sucking that I'm starting to kinda hope that it underperforms, just to see your reaction.

You're missing the point! Even if you think Avatar was average you surely agree that visually Avatar was godly, I'm saying Avatar 2 will be the most visually impressive blockbuster to date.

You will get more out of watching avatar on a premium screen than you watch watching sws.

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

And honestly, Avatar was average. It doesn't hold half a candle to anything Cameron's ever done, except for the 1st half of Titanic (which was boring as shit). Yes, it was visually impressive and all, but visuals are only gonna carry you for so long. It's all about story and characters in the world of storytelling. Avatar's story and characters.... not that impressive. That movie's trump card is the worldbuilding, and that's it. The story's bland and awfully familiar (Pocahontas & Dances With Wolves say hi), which'd be excusable w/good characters... and I can't remember anyone from the movie. I can only remember blue people. And the only reason why it had the legs it did was because it was riding big on the coattails of the IMAX 3D breakthrough. Avatar 2 is NOT reaching those heights unless Cameron figures out some other new epic innovation, like IMAX 4D or Ultra 6K or whatever, when the theater's chairs tickle you everytime sex scenes happen during the movie.

13-D movie can be a hit.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You're missing the point! Even if you think Avatar was average you surely agree that visually Avatar was godly, I'm saying Avatar 2 will be the most visually impressive blockbuster to date.

You will get more out of watching avatar on a premium screen than you watch watching sws.

You'll get more out of watching Avatar 2 for the eye, sure, but you'll get A LOT more of everything else through Star Wars. And that everything else is the reason people watch SW - especially the characters. Visuals can only take you so far. It's good to look at, but if it has not much substance to it, it's just eye candy. It's a really hot supermodel looking girl w/the dullest personality. Why would you want that for no more than just one night stands, which after a while become boring anyway? SW offers much more.

Whatever, our perceptions will not change no matter how long this goes. Let's just move forward, shall we?

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

No use arguing with these people IronJim - they're the same people who thought Hillary had the Presidency in the bag. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You'll get more out of watching Avatar 2 for the eye, sure, but you'll get A LOT more of everything else through Star Wars. And that everything else is the reason people watch SW - especially the characters. Visuals can only take you so far. It's good to look at, but if it has not much substance to it, it's just eye candy. It's a really hot supermodel looking girl w/the dullest personality. Why would you want that for no more than just one night stands, which after a while become boring anyway? SW offers much more.

Whatever, our perceptions will not change no matter how long this goes. Let's just move forward, shall we?

The point of the premium screens is to increase the visuals, if you're watching the film for the story and the characters then a regular high quality screen will do the trick.

The difference from Avatar on regular high quality screen to a premium one is much greater.

Lets move forward!

Edited by IronJimbo