Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

So you admit your vague characterization was wrong and then attempt to clutch at straws? It's okay to admit fault. 

I admitted that Aliens and T2 increased. And then I reminded you that it wasn't hard at all for them to increase, unlike in Avatar's case. Hardly crutching straws.

• Like 2

Just now, Christmas Baumer said:

If Avatar 2 increases either domestically or WW ill donate $100 to this site

:ph34r: Didn't work out well with your Dory or Civil War bets.

I kid. I kid. I actually agree with this one, it seems pretty impossible to me.

• Like 3

Well before we commit to this donation to the site we should get a commitment from those who think that it will increase domestically. I will put up my $100 as long as anyone else who disagrees with me puts up their $10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I dont mind donating to the sight if im wrong. We need dollars to keep the site up. But i dont think im wrong this time

Remind me again in summer 2018, I'll see how much money I've got to put on the line.

6 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The novelty factor is just not there anymore, and going against Star Wars is a whole new ballgame than having Sherlock Holmes as your toughest competitor.

Watching T2 is like buying yourself a new iPhone or having the best Hi Fi in the market. 
I think Cameron definitely won't release Avatar until it feels fresh in every possible way. And as someone said (ironjimbo, is that you?) I think he will ensure as many of the its frames will be potential gifs and/or memes. 

This will be awesome. I hope Tarkin makes an appearance.  

9 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The best you can do is commit a banal ad hominem and then rephrase what I already stated? Are you some kind of bot? 

Although it doesn't surprise me that JC detractors can't really fall back onto evidence in these kind of arguments, they find great solace in their delusions by the looks of it. 

Hey, just a tip: putting your sentences through a thesaurus doesn't automatically make you smarter.  Juuuuust saying.

Also, I have no idea how I was stating what you already stated.  I pointed out that just because Cameron sequels have increased amongst their predecessors before, that doesn't mean it'll happen twice, especially under completely different circumstances this time.

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

nah probably only that one guy, forget his name though.

9 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

And even if this does happen you'll have people saying how it was just luck again

AHAHAHA no.  If he does manage to make Avatar 2 outgross Avatar by some godforsaken miracle, I will admit Cameron does seem to have some apparent magic touch (which I feel he has lost in my perception since I really didn't like Avatar, but hey that's me).  I'll gladly eat crow if it turns out to be such a massive success.  However, because there's a realistic chance it doesn't increase, and a very high chance at that, I think I won't be needing to admit "Cameron's powers" anytime soon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

TFA, 45.3% DOM

This is why Avatar films will hold the box office crown for another 20 years.

you can now switch to using Rogue one ratios, they are spectacular, truly one of a kind:lol:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't really care if it outgrosses the original or not, as long as I like it.

Let's be honest though Tele, the film is going to be good and you will enjoy it. With that out of the way you might aswell care about it's gross.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

you can now switch to using Rogue one ratios, they are spectacular, truly one of a kind:lol:

R1 still hasn't had china yet but they are truly spectacular you have that right.

Also fully expect Star Wars 8 to make over 50% of it's gross from domestic.

• Like 2