Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

10 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Not a chance in this world for that to happen ftf 😛

lol oh there’s some chance! Love your passion though Kal and I do hope it does well for your sake.  But it could be under $2b easily. 

• Disbelief 2

15 hours ago, lightscamera said:

Avatar was the first non "Educational" movie I saw in IMAX, and it was actually the reason the theater near my house installed an IMAX....

I honestly do not think this movie is going to do as well as many have hoped, because i think the appealing aspect of the first Avatar, was that it was shot with IMAX cameras..

Not a single second of the first Avatar movie was shot with IMAX cameras.

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

So just to be clear... you're saying people watch movies for the visuals? STOP THE PRESSES PEOPLE. 

Uh yes. That's what I said. I even gave some examples. People watched Avatar for the visuals and because of the 3D craze. You think people watched it for its story? 😅 People watched TJB because of the visuals. It even won an Oscars for Best VFX. Many will surely watch TLK because of its hyperrealistic new visuals (they already know the plot anyway).

Edited by UserHN
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Uh yes. That's what I said. I even gave some examples. People watched Avatar for the visuals and because of the 3D craze. You think people watched it for its story? 😅 People watched TJB because of the visuals. It even won an Oscars for Best VFX. Many will surely watch TLK because of its hyperrealistic new visuals (they already know the plot anyway).

He was being sarcastic my friend

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Of course, Titanic is the most impressive global run of all time.

Here are some of the things it achieved that might not ever be achieved again, even for those who breaks the all time worldwide record, these are not really achievable.

1. Biggest ticket seller domestically in it's first run of all time (~130 Million tickets)

2. Doubled the worldwide highest grossing film within only 4 years of release (Titanic's 1.84 B vs Jurassic Park's 914 Million), this is like if a movie came out in 2013 and doubled Avatar worldwide (earning 5.6 B).

3. It tripled the second highest grossing film world wide that year (Lost World: Jurassic Park)

4. In a rapid growing market like China, Titanic maintained all time highest grossing film for 11 years (1998 to 2009)

5. Set the record for highest grossing film ever in most countries when it was released, still holds the highest tickets sold record in many European countries.

6. not box office related, but getting domestic all time crown, worldwide all time crown in box office, while getting nominated for 14 Oscar, winning best picture, and winning 11 Oscars.... This has got to be a feat that can't be achieved simultaneously again.

Don't forget dominated the music charts for along time on top of these unbeatable feats. Titanic was simply the biggest cinematic achievement and event of all time. Well put NC.

😎

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Could you give me an example of a movie that people didn't watch for the visuals? :jeb!:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Could you give me an example of a movie that people didn't watch for the visuals? :jeb!:

By visuals, I mean CGI. To answer your question, several indie films with deep stories and do not rely on CGI. People watch those for the stories alone.

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The same way I read books to listen to the pages turn! 

Lame. Just accept it that Avatar is known for its awesome CGI and not for its not memorable story. It is the highest grossing movie but can casual audiences remember any memorable lines from it? No. If you ask about Titanic they will answer 'I'm the king of the world!'. How about Avatar?

2 hours ago, FTF said:

lol oh there’s some chance! Love your passion though Kal and I do hope it does well for your sake.  But it could be under $2b easily. 

Thanks my friend, but unless Jc does something that turns off fans , a global disaster act of the most high etc. A scenario of juggernaut 2020 in as much theaters as Avengers and how every theater will want to keep this new breakthrough playing Ftf. Fans of cameron come.through snow storms, through earthquakes etc. Hard to see any scenario where Avatar doesn't destroy everything. Only the domestic crown looks like an Everest that Pandorians must reach the summit.  We will be discussing the obliteration of bo on new levels when Avatar 2 arrives. That end game Ow record may survive the impact as well.  That would be crazy if all we know is inevitable happens and we manage to to topple that amazing 357 magnum trophy as well though..Heh heh.😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

Lame. Just accept it that Avatar is known for its awesome CGI and not for its not memorable story. It is the highest grossing movie but can casual audiences remember any memorable lines from it? No. If you ask about Titanic they will answer 'I'm the king of the world!'. How about Avatar?

Actually lines like

"You get soft?!

" Pandora will chew out your eyes and use them for ju ju beans!"

2.  " This is our land!"

3. " My Jake"  "My Jake!"

All some of the most memorable lines in film history.

So your wrong on that statement as well.💪

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2

20 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Thanks my friend, but unless Jc does something that turns off fans , a global disaster act of the most high etc. A scenario of juggernaut 2020 in as much theaters as Avengers and how every theater will want to keep this new breakthrough playing Ftf. Fans of cameron come.through snow storms, through earthquakes etc. Hard to see any scenario where Avatar doesn't destroy everything. Only the domestic crown looks like an Everest that Pandorians must reach the summit.  We will be discussing the obliteration of bo on new levels when Avatar 2 arrives. That end game Ow record may survive the impact as well.  That would be crazy if all we know is evitable happens and we manage to grab that 357 magnum trophy as well though..Heh heh.😉

Sneak peak at families going to see Avatar 2...

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Given Jim's track record on sequels I think we can be assured it'll be better than the original in every way. 

High five JCS.. Avatar 1 proves James hasnt lost the midas touch indeed

Dec 18th. 2020.. The beginning of the 3 peat King of the world Domination begins yet again. Will Avatar 3 pull off dear I say a quadruple!!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Kal you legend you staying around?

Yes indeed..And ty man. Hear bing watching 👀 flash and arrow( lol while da wife sleeps. She dont dig the wb shows 😂)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Yes indeed..And ty man. Hear bing watching 👀 flash and arrow( lol while da wife sleeps. She dont dig the wb shows 😂)

Please do stay around, we all have to witness Dec 2020 together!

• Thanks 1