Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Oh just so you know I was talking about Endgame, I think it could easily make under $900m DOM and most likely will make around 800-850.

I'm in complete agreement with everything you said.

I think the average doubters issue is,

1) They don't understand what made Avatar so popular and succeed so well

2) They don't understand that Avatar 2 will be better than Avatar as the ground work has already been done and Jim is the most prepared he has ever been going into a film

This is Jim's mahatten project, blinds are going to be BLOWN

Right on Iron Jimbo.

Cant wait to see if we have an another Avatar Day in 2020 again and what it means for how big an OW Avatar 2 will put up. Imagine a 220-300 m ow for this monster but folks keep going back and we see such a giant ow.  with 5.5x multiplier.or better.  That is difference between A2 and all the pretenders to the throne. Folks have experience beyond just a great day at movies, they have experience thats so earth shattering they want to live in James.World of Pandora!!

😉👍👍

--Theres a James Cameron mega BO event and then there is everyone else.😎

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Right on Iron Jimbo.

Cant wait to see if we have an another Avatar Day in 2020 again and what it means for how big an OW Avatar 2 will put up. Imagine a 220-300 m ow for this monster but folks keep going back and we see such a giant ow.  with 5.5x multiplier.or better.  That is difference between A2 and all the pretenders to the throne. Folks have experience beyond just a great day at movies, they have experience thats so earth shattering they want to live in James.World of Pandora!!

😉👍👍

--Theres a James Cameron mega BO event and then there is everyone else.😎

It's not going to open over $200m and still get a 5x.  I'll put money on that right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JB33 said:

I'm convinced now that Cameron fanboys are just that - Cameron fanboys - and that they have the most limited knowledge of box office of us all.

Lol. Well Jb you lost many off the discussions and everyone of your arguments for Cameron failure.. So I think Cameron fans are pretty darn astute at predicting box office. 😉

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It's not going to open over $200m and still get a 5x.  I'll put money on that right now.

Avatar if not for snow storms would have had a160-180 m ow and a 7x multi or better in 2009. And guess what its a.mega movie and still had the smallest drop in movie history from its 80m ow in history. Avatars  2nd weekend was 72-73 m I think( nearly made the same amount this its first Ow made-wowzers). Which mega film you know pulled that awesome hold( only Cameron's own Titanic)

So what you just stated makes no sense. Avatar would have made potentially 860-/900 mil in 2009 if not for the huge storms hitting the east side and other areas. 

Thats serious fandom when you come out during weather diasters for a Cameron event. Imagine if all is well with mother nature domestic and os for the entire run of this pending Juggernaut. Its almost like we should just add

Cameron back into all time domestic and os 1st, 2nd and 3rd places from now.👍

So yes indeed a Cameron movie averages 6-20x range.multipliers. You give your fans an experience beyond Avatar a 5-7x multi is definitely possible. Best look at how Cameron shatters the mold for true monsters domestically and abroad Mr Wang😎

No.matter the franchise they are merely only movies. The cameron experience is something else entirely as seen in the repeat business time and time again. Now with the  markets big enough to house Pandora power, expect to.potentially see A2 surpass 2 billion  from.just 3-6countries.

NA, China, Japan. Not 15, not2a 5 but 3-6 is all required.

Your not in comic la la land.

Your on Pandora!!💪💪

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Avatar if not for snow storms would have had 160-180 m ow and a 7x multi or better in 2009. And guess what its a.mega movie and still had the smallest drop in movie history from its 80m ow in history. Avatars  2nd weekend was 72-73 m I think( nearly made the same amount this its first Ow made-wowzers). Which mega film you know pulled that awesome hold( only Cameron's own Titanic)

So what you just stated makes no sense. Avatar would have made 850'900 mil in 2009 if not for the huge storms hitting the east side and other areas. 

Thats serious fandom when you come our during diasters for a Cameron event. Imagine if all is well with mother nature domestic and os for the entire run of this stormbreaker.

So yes indeed a Cameron movie averages 6-20x range.multipliers. You give your fans an experience beyond Avatar a 5-7x multi is definitely possible. Best look at how Cameron shatters the mold for true monsters domestically and abroad Mr Wang😎

No.matter the franchise they are merely only movies. The cameron experience is something else entirely as seen

in the repeat business time and time again. Now with the markets big enough to house.this powr, expect to.potentially see A2 surpass 2 billion  from.just 3 countries.

NA, China, Japan.

So those snow storms stole 90-100m from the opening weekend?

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Said it a long time ago, for A2 :

China BO > USA BO is a foregone conclusion at this point.

The difference will be shocking.

Cameron is beloved over there.

Avatar 2 is backed by big chinese investors, Cameron went there mulitple times.

It can do close to One Billion in China I think.

Good post on those thinking we were kidding.that Avatar 2 could beat Titanics ww tally maybe from just the domestic and China alone. There are some saying A2 will easily range between 1.1-1.3b from China alone with this deal. Holy ###@@@ Only.Cameron gets these things done baby! Yeah!

Where are those 1.5b max we Avatar 2 people now lmao🙈

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

So those snow storms stole 90-100m from the opening weekend?

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

I suggest you look at jimbos and others news post. Explain 80mow and all.those holds and a 71-74 m ow2. Storms to me cost Avatar at least 60-80mil.

Seems those people would have gotten there sooner if not for those storms. Sorry No Jedis, no rings, no comic films can have holds like that period. And the film kept.breaking expectations for many weeks after that untouchable 2nd weekend hold 😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I suggest you look at jimbos and others news post. Explain 80mow and all.those holds and a 71-74 m ow2. Storms to me cost Avatar at least 60-80mil.

Seems those people would have gotten there sooner if not for those storms. Sorry No Jedis, no rings, no comic films can have holds like that period. And the film kept.breaking expectations for many weeks after that untouchable 2nd weekend hold 😉

okay, so no other film could have held like that, except one that had a really bad snow storm. Got it!

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Maybe someone should tell Ozy how big the snow storms affecting one of the biggest suppliers of bo loot.. And guess what Avatar had a 10x multiplier.

I expect a 5.2-7x or better multipliern for Avatar 2 domestically.   Some haters are really going to lose their minds as bo reigns dont hold up even a year in A2s wake. While Avatar was champ for 10 yrs. And may still be champ even after this year. Titanic was champ for 13 years. And still is the supreme bo champ in one run with achievements that are untouchable..

This is our land!

• Like 1

Just now, Deep Wang said:

okay, so no other film could have held like that, except one that had a really bad snow storm. Got it!

Look up jimbos post. Any other film would have crashed and burnt alot. JC fans wont be denied. Didnt you predict A2 won't beat EG in China..lol

Someone has high hopes.  Gd luck with that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Even before passing Avatar, Endgame is starting to feel the heavy weight of the crown, with haters becoming mainstream as people talk about how much better IW and/or Avatar was than Endgame, and how little Endgame's plot made sense. I'm commonly seeing Avatar critics at 0 or lower karma, which was quite rare even a month ago unless it was blatant trolling. Wewww laddy. Don't worry Endgame fans, you'll only have to deal with the hate for another 18 months. :)

The intense discussion around Avatar and Avatar 2, even in the midst of something colossal like Endgame, is just a taste of what's to come.

My limited language skills won't allow me to express how much I disagree with that silly Reddit post. So let's just say I disagree  ;)

But you make a very good point, pure spirit. :)

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

I'm optimistic about Avatar beating $3B after seeing a recent blockbuster's performance :). To me it just demonstrates how much bigger those markets have grown and how much proper marketing can tap into them, and how ridiculous predictions like $1.5B for Avatar 2 really are. Could it approach $4B? I don't expect another Titanic-tier performance, but I could see James hitting the heights of Avatar again, especially with 10 years of preparation and hard work. 

I'm also more optimistic about the chances for Avatar 3 to top Avatar 2, based on how IW led to Endgame getting huge grosses. 

10 years is a long time, so many people commentating weren't adults when Avatar came out, and don't appreciate what a phenomenon it was. Some of them think Avatar was released in some Gone with the Wind era where people didn't have alternative entertainment options (similar to commentary I see about Titanic). 

It's crazy to think about, even a 4B performance by Avatar 2 isn't exactly "Titanic Tier", which is just godly, however, I agree with you that a $4B global performance is Avatar-Tier, potentially even bigger than Avatar. Can Avatar 2 achieve that kind of a feat, we'll all find out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I guess the Cameron box office discussions and arguments completely change if

you consider the all mighty dollar

or

tickets sold

If you consider the latter, I am afraid Cameron wins, every single time, at least with the sinking ship.

Tickets sold in France :

Titanic : 21m (biggest movie ever)

Force Awakens : 10m

Star Wars-Lotr-Potter movies : 5 to 9m

Avengers IW : 5,1m

Endgame : probably 6m+

I'm hoping for 16- 18m tickets sold

In france for A2. France has a love Affair for his films.

13 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Look up jimbos post. Any other film would have crashed and burnt alot. JC fans wont be denied. Didnt you predict A2 won't beat EG in China..lol

Someone has high hopes.  Gd luck with that.

That wasn’t me. I know Avatar 2 will do very well in China. 

2 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

That wasn’t me. I know Avatar 2 will do very well in China. 

Very well everywhere. The visuals. The music, sounds all come together that make these Avatar events something special. What is your low and max predict for China, Sk and Japan btw?

-----I 👀 you

• Like 1

Haven't posted in god knows how long. Just wanted to come and share my pain that Avatar will be beaten by End Game. Still in 10 years, only one film beat AVATAR, and that was a SW film, and arguably the most anticipated film of all time!.

Been watching all the Marvel films, in order the past couple of weeks, and well i'm not keen on a lot of them. I hate the Avengers films the most funnily enough. Black Panther was probably my fave so far (I'm up to Thor Ragnarok).

I still think Endgame is going to see some big drops after this weekend. TFA is safe domestic imo (thanks god), and i also think AVATAR will hold onto the worldwide crown. I pray to god anyway. I keep hearing about Endgames stellar wom, but thats not what i'm reading on none fanboy forums.

Hail AVATAR, and hail AVATAR 2 to put magic back at the top of the box ofice, and not this nerdy throw away shite!.😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3