grim22

Steve Jobs | October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23 | Teaser Trailer Page 9

The accent gets better as it goes along. Actually it isn't the accent that is bad. She just doesn't have one in the first act, a little in the second and a thick accent in the third.

It's totally bizarre for an actress as good and as experienced as Winslet to make that mistake...and for a director as experienced as Doyle not to have caught it.

“I sat in a fucking garage with Wozniak and invented the future, because artists lead and hacks ask for a show of hands!!”

Wonderful wonderful wonderful. Energetic as hell, bravo is all I can say really. I can def understand people's issues with Act 3 but I don't mind that shift as much to be honest. Jobs v Sculley in Act 2 was best film moment of the year for me.

Fassy was incredible, Winslet was really awesome, both deserve noms, maybe even a win for Fassy. Best screenplay has to go to Sorkin, and Boyle for direction as well I hope.

9/10 currently joint #2 of the year with Ex Machina.

CRnsVHKWsAEqbaE.jpg

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 2

Out of interest, is John Sculley portayed as the 'bad guy'? because I've read in interviews that he regretted the falling out between himself and Jobs and I think he was only doing what was best for the company and the shareholders.

Jobs is portrayed as the bad guy haha.

It's totally bizarre for an actress as good and as experienced as Winslet to make that mistake...and for a director as experienced as Doyle not to have caught it.

I noticed she uses it more when she's angry. Perhaps it was intentional. She's not supposed to be flown in straight from Poland. 

The accent gets better as it goes along. Actually it isn't the accent that is bad. She just doesn't have one in the first act, a little in the second and a thick accent in the third.

Ok holy shit, I wasn't sure if I was crazy because I didn't really notice an accent until the third and suddenly it's very noticeable.

You have to be heartless to call it sickeningly sweet.

Be nice lol. Over sentimentality is a huge pet peeve of mine.

And of course neither Sculley or Jobs are actual bad guys. That's not how real life works. But Jobs is the most asshole is of the cast and his redemption is all centered around his relationship with Joanna.

i was at the premiere (thanks to a tip from antovolk) and I also went to an earlier press screening. I'm the least tech person ever and I was enthralled from start to finish. Loved it and will be rooting for it during awards season.

Sorkin said that for him dialogue is like music and since I really enjoy great dialogue it totally worked for me. I had no problem with the ending. 

It was one of my favourites at LFF along with Brooklyn and Trumbo and He named me Malala. My least favourite, in fact I disliked it intensely, was Anomalisa.

Antovolk, thank you very much for your help. You're a star!

• Like 1

Glad that it's not making Scully out to be a villian.

Fact was that Jobs was running Apple into the ground at the time of his removal . It was 100% justified by any standard of business or good management. Jobs had "Enterperuners disease" ; that a lot of the time people who are great at making a start up company into a huge sucess are not good at running a big company on a day to day basis. It's an old story.

Is it just me or has buzz for this kinda died out? Reviews seem to have fallen out of "Oscar" territory.

All the talk surrounding the limited release has made it feel like this movie has been out wide for ages...

Edited by AJG