CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Basically THE ANDY SAGA, is done and we will see a new SAGA.  Here is what Lasster has to say to fans that think the series was perfect to end at 3:

Lasseter, "Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself."

So basically this "New Idea" made everyone want to do a sequel? or did Disney come calling?, lol. 

• Like 1

If you don t have the wall e blu ray, buy it now. The second disc features a very long and detailed documentary of the History of Pixar and it is one of the most fascinating documentary I ve ever seen.

It s basically two guys that meet, John Lasseter and Ed Catmull, at the end of the 70´s in Catmull s prestigious university and they have a vision, a dream, to produce a full feature film with CGI. They will wait 18 years for their dream to come true, with blood sweat and tears. And a guardian angel named Steve Jobs.

All the directors of almost all Pixar films were there at the beginning when they were7 or. 8 with big dreams and ambitions.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

The funniest part of this is there s no way they stop at 4.

That's what I said, Toy Story pandora's box opened with doing a film after 3, I think there will be a 5 and 6 too.  I like what they did with those short films and specials.  Just have some side Toy Story adventures and they not be movies.  Shoot maybe even do another Disney animated TV series.  The Buzz Lightyear cartoon last 2 seasons and 65 episodes.   But they know they can make more money and sell more merch with a film.   Here's the new speical coming out this Dec:

220px-Toy_Story_That_Time_Forgot.jpg

The last one was fantastic:

220px-Toy_Story_of_Terror.jpg

• Like 1

If you don t have the wall e blu ray, buy it now. The second disc features a very long and detailed documentary of the History of Pixar and it is one of the most fascinating documentary I ve ever seen.

It s basically two guys that meet, John Lasseter and Ed Catmull, at the end of the 70´s in Catmull s prestigious university and they have a vision, a dream, to produce a full feature film with CGI. They will wait 18 years for their dream to come true, with blood sweat and tears. And a guardian angel named Steve Jobs.

All the directors of almost all Pixar films were there at the beginning when they were7 or. 8 with big dreams and ambitions.

Yeah, that is a fantastic documentary. Everyone who hasn't watched it should give it a watch.

Having the original core Brain Trust there is nice, but still Pixar managed to do the near-impossible and make three consistently great movies. Now they are taking on something that pretty much is impossible in making a fourth. How many great fourth movies are there out there? 

yep, all these guys are the tiny team I was just talking about, they are really the core of Pixar. Brad Bird came later in the equation.

By the way, Bird was one of Lasseter's classmates at CalArts in the very first class of the specifically targeted character animation program that Disney started there in the 1970s, so these two guys go way back; it was in room A113 (seem familiar?). Their other classmates included John Musker (director of The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, the upcoming Moana, et al.), Chris Buck (director of Tarzan and Frozen), Tim Burton (no examples needed), and Michael Giaimo (art director of Pocahontas and Frozen, among other things). I probably left somebody out. All of these guys started out at WDAS after they completed the program--Bird and Burton left on their own (things were not great at WDAS at the time), and Lasseter was fired for innovating without permission. I think that Lasseter would have loved to have been part of the Disney Renaissance that would follow (after the change in management), but I'd say that he made out alright for himself in any case. ;)

Edited by Melvin Frohike
  • Like 2

Basically THE ANDY SAGA, is done and we will see a new SAGA.  Here is what Lasster has to say to fans that think the series was perfect to end at 3:

Lasseter, "Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself."

So basically this "New Idea" made everyone want to do a sequel? or did Disney come calling?, lol. 

Figured that was what they were doing. Now they have grounds to continue the series ad infinitum.

• Like 1

Having the original core Brain Trust there is nice, but still Pixar managed to do the near-impossible and make three consistently great movies. Now they are taking on something that pretty much is impossible in making a fourth. How many great fourth movies are there out there?

Rambo IV?

This movie is gonna be fucking gory isn't it?

• Like 2