CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

"Make more original movies Pixar!"

"Brave? Dafuq is this shit? The mom turns into a bear?!?!? Monsters University? Now this looks fun. Finding Dory? Fuck yeah! Just give us The Incredibles 2 already!"

:rolleyes:

Edited by darkelf
  • Like 1

I'm almost to the point of losing interest in cinema. This is getting way beyond ridiculous. Sequels, sequels, sequels. Do something fucking original Hollywood (that's actually good)! Stop remaking, rehashing and sequeling every God damn fucking movie that makes/has ever made you any money. Take that money and do something original and creative. Fuck this shit I'm so fucking pissed off.

TOY STORY II and III were not originals though.

For me it doesn't matter how great this ends up being, it still is highly unnecessary and shouldn't be made. Even if I end up loving it, it won't change the fact that the Toy Story trilogy ended perfectly and didn't need anymore movies.

The thing is who are we to say TOY STORY III was the ending?

“We love these characters so much; they are like family to us,” said Lasseter. “We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. ‘Toy Story 3’ ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another ‘Toy Story’ movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.” http://thefilmstage.com/news/pixar-announces-toy-story-4-for-june-2017/

I don't know if it's Disney's fault because WDAS are making lots of original titles.

I love all of Disney's recent movies, but that isn't true at all. They've been pillaging from fairy tales, doing a Winnie the Pooh sequel, and BH6 is based on a comic. The only really original they have done lately is Wreck It Ralph.

“We love these characters so much; they are like family to us,” said Lasseter. “We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. ‘Toy Story 3’ ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another ‘Toy Story’ movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.” http://thefilmstage.com/news/pixar-announces-toy-story-4-for-june-2017/

Who really believes this bullshit?

• Like 3

“We love these characters so much; they are like family to us,” said Lasseter. “We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. ‘Toy Story 3’ ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another ‘Toy Story’ movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.” http://thefilmstage.com/news/pixar-announces-toy-story-4-for-june-2017/

I believe this. There's plenty of examples of people walking away if their heart isn't in the sequel. If it was a plain cash grab with a weak story then I dont think Lasseter would want to associate himself with it. I think it's more likely Disney said they want to make a new one, is there any chance of it working. And then someone came up with an idea that everyone could see working.

• Like 2

I love all of Disney's recent movies, but that isn't true at all. They've been pillaging from fairy tales, doing a Winnie the Pooh sequel, and BH6 is based on a comic. The only really original they have done lately is Wreck It Ralph.

That's true that they are adaptions, but they are adaptions of obscure titles and they delve from the source material, it's more like they are inspired from the fairy tales and such.  They aren't doing direct sequels or prequels which is good for me.

They created the characters. They know more than anyone else. They also have the right to do whatever they want to do with them regardless of how we feel.

I was physically at D23 in 2009 when John stood twenty feet away from me talking about the "brilliant story" they cooked up for Cars 2. It was even worse back then, and involved a Prince-and-the-Pauper scenario where there's a spy that looked exactly like Mater.

I can't believe this after that happened.

• Like 2

I was physically at D23 in 2009 when John stood twenty feet away from me talking about the "brilliant story" they cooked up for Cars 2. It was even worse back then, and involved a Prince-and-the-Pauper scenario where there's a spy that looked exactly like Mater.

I can't believe this after that happened.

Well you obviously have the freedom to think the same thing will happen here. I still enjoyed CARS II btw.