CJohn

Underworld: Blood Wars | Jan 6, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 7

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Does the Resident Evil brand still relevant enough to build a whole new franchise based in the games alone? From what I read, the last game did horrible (?) at sales. 

No, the last one (Resident Evil 6) got horrible reviews, but it's the second best selling entry in the franchise, with 6+ million copies sold.

The more recent HD remasters of Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero, and the new Resident Evil Revelations 2 have also sold well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The47th said:

No, the last one (Resident Evil 6) got horrible reviews, but it's the second best selling entry in the franchise, with 6+ million copies sold.

The more recent HD remasters of Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero, and the new Resident Evil Revelations 2 have also sold well.

Yes, it still sells quite well.

But RE6 can go fuck itself.  Crap.

25 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Wait... we're getting sequels for Underworld and Resident Evil in the same month?

Man, Sony is really doubling down on the overly narrow subgenre of Long-in-the-Tooth Female-Led Action-Horror Franchises with Niche Fanbases, huh?

They probably want to capitalize on a likely Golden Globe nod for Beckinsale (for Love & Friendship) as well.

• Like 2

On 2 September 2016 at 2:34 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm not talking about the reason why they still making these movies, I'm saying that it's truly incredible how they managed to keep the audience for almost one decade, when you look at the gross of these movies DOM, you can see that they basically stayed flat from last decade to this decade, and all this with such a limited plot, those two franchises may be bad for some persons, but they managed an admirable consistence. 

I looked up the numbers for both, and must admit the 4th film in this franchise definitely slipped by me. I was a bit dubious at why they'd attempt to make the sequel to a film that was almost 10 years ago and wasn't really that big of a hit. But they've been fairly consistent at releasing one every 3 years or so.

As long as the budget is similar to the last few, I think this entry will probably continue to be a consistent performer. Will probably hit ~$60m dom like the last one and could even increase OS if there's any buzz around it being the "end".

Wonder if it'll get a release in China? Could mean it'll do pretty well OS if it does, though none of the other ones got a release. The rules seems to have been slackened since this summer so maybe Sony will consider submitting it. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2016 at 9:02 PM, Webslinger said:

Wait... we're getting sequels for Underworld and Resident Evil in the same month?

Man, Sony is really doubling down on the overly narrow subgenre of Long-in-the-Tooth Female-Led Action-Horror Franchises with Niche Fanbases, huh?

what? They come out in the same month? LOL dumbass studios

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

...Why do I get the impression a lot of the trailer is from other movies? I don't have sound, so no idea if it's a flash back kind of trailer.

Like half of it is from other movies from what I can tell. Including the hilarious re-utilization of a scene from Underworld Awakening as the final shot of the trailer for Underworld Blood Wars.

• Like 3

All the leather and trench coats in the trailer reminded me that the first movie had filmed very close following The Matrix. The late 90s early 00s aesthetic still carrying over to the new installment.

Half the trailer was footage from previous movies by the looks of it.

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Like half of it is from other movies from what I can tell. Including the hilarious re-utilization of a scene from Underworld Awakening as the final shot of the trailer for Underworld Blood Wars.

You know, it would be funny if that scene was actually in this movie too.

Anyways, yeah, a lot of scenes from the beginning of the trailer were from past movies but I believe it is no coincidence that she was talking about stuff that happened in the older movies while scenes from them were playing in the trailer. Just some exposition to remind everyone what the hell these movies are about :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Now that trailer has alot more money shots, while the new one has zero.

Troubled production? Shitty film? Unfinished film?

No idea, but apparently OS gets it in 2 months or so. Over a month before America.