Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

• Founder / Operator

That's pretty darn rare for IMAX. The theater near me is splitting CA2 shows on its RPX screen, but I have no idea how large the screen is. I have a strong suspicion it's not really much different than it was before (this was an "upgraded" regular screen).

There is a new theater with a premium large format screen they call "EPIC (Experience Perfection In Cinema)" and it's a pretty nice sized screen. 68 feet wide, almost 40 feet tall. Also has Dolby Atmos sound. Unfortunately they only show stuff in 3D if the film is released in 3D. I saw Thor 2 in 3D there, but I'd really like to avoid it if possible.

I'm surprised you even sought out Thor 2 in 3D... :lol:

One of the nice things about Man of Steel is that they had 1-2 2D IMAX showings a day. I wish more theaters experimented with that.

Me too. I'm pretty confident that MoS split was part of the deal with exhibitors from Nolan/WB. It was very widespread, moreso than most splits I've seen.

• Like 1

I'm surprised you even sought out Thor 2 in 3D... :lol:

I didn't seek it out, was mainly just curious about the new theater. Wanted to see how big that screen really was. At least they are honest enough to tell you on their website, unlike 95% of the theaters in the country. Consumer is not protected enough in that regard.

• Like 1

The Walking Dead would be better if they cut the episode count from 16 to maybe 13 episodes a season but the show does too well for AMC to consider it.

It's getting the prize 18-49 demo rating that no show is getting since the heyday of American Idol, so yeah AMC will want more episodes as much they can. Breaking Bad is over and despite the critical acclaim Mad Men was never a ratings hit and they haven't successfully launched a new show in years, so TWD will be stretched for a loooong time

It's getting the prize 18-49 demo rating that no show is getting since the heyday of American Idol, so yeah AMC will want more episodes as much they can. Breaking Bad is over and despite the critical acclaim Mad Men was never a ratings hit and they haven't successfully launched a new show in years, so TWD will be stretched for a loooong time

Only way TWD would end is either it's a creative decision, ratings drop to cancellation level or it becomes too expensive to produce. I think even if it dropped to 5-6m that would be enough to renew it for probably another couple of years since AMC own the show outright.

Whoaaaa...I just noticed something, not sure if its big or not. Okay currently watching IM2 (don't ask way, just placeholder for 10 more minutes until the final four) and it's the court scene with Stark and Senator Stern. Remember Stern was all like "give us your IM's suits, the government needs them" and Stark was all "fuck you, I'm Iron Man".

Okay now remember Cap when Stern shows up again. Is the reason he wanted Stark to give up his because armors was so 

HYDRA could really get control, and not the government, and then they could use his suits to kill people and take control just like they were going to use the Hellicarriers?

Is that what his scene was referencing?

Wow!  Great spot! And that would be a tremendous way to link the stories and the threat.

• Like 2

Les Misérables screening for me was like being forced to swallow a bucket of vomit.

I loathed every second and "artistic" choice from this monstrosity.

And I like the talent involved : Wolvie, Catwoman, Lovelace they all were violated by the incompetence, inept choices ( no, I don't want to see Wolvie's nostrils), and stupidity of oscar winner Tom Hopper.

:)

• Founder / Operator

Cap 2 wasn't perfect, but damn, I enjoyed it.And for this talk of 2012 BP noms, Amour is the best and ST is still highly overrated. Later.

Watching Amour felt like putting a gun in my mouth. I've never been so depressed after a movie.

• Like 3

Why do people leave out the Walmart preview money? 

Because it's easier to just quickly check the boxofficemojo chart then actually do research on something like that.

They forget that the 9 million is strictly midnights ... and not the previews.

• Like 1