Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

You are forgetting OS markets that don't are China or Italy ;). OS markets has grossed 55% of the total, so we can expect another 8-9 million from OS markets that have not opened this week.The problem is that BOM OS number says right now 535.2 million, and I don't know if that number includes some of China or Italy gross. I don't know where it can really land by Monday.

Gross till Tues: 535.2mItaly: 8-9mFurther gross my China: 21-22m (estimates should be lower)Further gross from holdovers: 13-14mTotal should be 575M+ after Sunday. Closer to 580m if they don't steal any gross from China. Edited by Fake
  • Like 1

Gross till Tues: 535.2mItaly: 8-9mFurther gross my China: 21-22m (estimates should be lower)Further gross from holdovers: 13-14mTotal should be 575M+ after Sunday. Closer to 580m if they don't steal any gross from China.

So, today we will see TDKR with more than 1 billion in BOM list :)

If it's not it'll be very close. With the domestic update for the (3-day). BOM has the WW gross at 966.3m. The OS numbers haven't been updated since Tue. (535m). That just leaves TDKR around 33.7m shy of the billion mark.

Italy adds 8M+, China adds 20M+, and holdover markets will contribute around 10M.1 billion has been broken for sure.
  • Like 5

I billion has been hit!

http://www.hollywood...ian-bale-367476

Warner Bros.' superhero pic becomes only the 13th pic in history to hit that number.

Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises is a billion dollar baby. From Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, the superhero tentpole has now grossed $431.2 million domestically and an estimated $574 million internationally for a total $1.005 billion through Sunday. That's slightly ahead of The Dark Knight, which topped out at $1.0003 billion worldwide in 2008. The big difference -- Dark Knight Rises has done more business overseas, and less domestically, than Dark Knight, which grossed $533 million in North America and $469.7 million internationally. Many believe that Dark Knight Rises has left some money on the table in the U.S. because of the Aurora theater shootings during a midnight screening of the film on July 20. Nevertheless, the movie is enormously successful and becomes only the 13th film in history to reach $1 billion.

Edited by Clavius
  • Like 1