Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

The only thing I really wanted kept in the film from the book was all 5 crew on the Hermes having their family video talks as opposed to just 3 (Chastain, Pena, Hennie). Beth's one with her father in the book has some pretty good morbid humor with a nice payoff joke at the end.

Rank the space movies.

Hmmm only the Sci-Fi's happening in space?

Favourites (= not per 'quality', also not sorted)

Alien & Aliens

Serenity (love especially the second opening / introducing the good ones 'without' a cut (1 was hidden), love Firefly)

Stargate (does another planet, flying pyramids... even count?), the series I like too (not on my 'love' list)

Star Wars IV-VI

GotG

Avatar (yeah yeah, not popular, I don't care, e.g. best 3D ever as even I could see it partially)

Enemy Mine

Lynch's Dune has some aspects I like, but also mostly on a planet. Main goal ist the substance that allows space travel so

Moon 44

The Right Stuff (see in a way Apollo 13)

Outland

Silent Running

Apollo 13 (~ docu? Not what I'd call sci-fi)

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (again, partially if that one even can count), Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (1982) the new Star Trek is o.K. too (as series 'Like', not 'love')

The Fifth Element (not each aspect, but...)

Space Cowboys was fun, but again, space enough?

The Dark Star

The Fountain has some interesting aspects (it includes a space part)

In a way mini-series are for me movies too, so my favourite TV Sci-Fi series/franchises not already hinted at:

Battlestar Galactica and Farscape (and to complete the TV-related titles: Babylon 5)

I still have to see / want to see Gravity, Prometheus, and Moon (and The Martian too) and have a feeling I forgot one older unknown / not that well known....

• Like 1

Panda, did your future self just push his hand through the walls of reality and type that statement on your keyboard again? Because your future self knows you are just so damn right.

Edited by 99 Trees

I wouldn't say that, his repertoire of films is made up of mostly lesser movies.

His only really great film is Memento.

:apocalypse:

I wouldn't say that, his repertoire of films is made up of mostly lesser movies.

:apocalypse:

• Like 5

I hope you die in a painful torture way and burn in hell for eternity. 

:sarah:

• Like 2

What a BORING ASS movie!!

This is ANTI-Gravity. Where Gravity was a walk to Hell and back - this was just a walk through the park.

Still much better than Intheshitter though. But it won't touch Gravity's greatness in any way, shape or form.

As the Shay was busy telling you all for the past three months.

Edited by I am the MockingShay
  • Like 1