Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

While there isn't a kill in Raid 2 that's better than the time Rama showed the bad guy to the door in the first one. He does have one that's a grand slam home run though.

The fact that a lot of the fights in Raid 2 top the final fight in Raid 1 makes up for it.

And dat car chase.

• Like 2

Was checking sellouts in the LA area, and Rio 2 has had 23 sellouts today, no other movies have sellouts.

Weirdly enough, "Heaven is for Real" has 3 sellouts on Wednesday and 6 on Thursday already. This may be a potential breakout on Easter weekend to maybe a 15-20M opening or more.

• Like 3

2013 was a good year for limited releases... Much Ado About Nothing, Blue Jasmine, Fruitvale Station and Mud were all in my top 15 movies of the year looking at my list now.

(Plus, one can argue that 12 Years and Her count as small arthouse releases as well)

Just got a pre-screening invite to a movie called "Selfless" which has this as the plot synopsis. 

In the provocative psychological sci-fi thriller, SELFLESS, an extremely wealthy man (Ben Kingsley) dying from cancer undergoes a radical medical procedure that transfers his consciousness to the body of a healthy young man (Ryan Reynolds), but all is not as it seems when he starts to uncover the mystery of the body’s origin and the secret organization that will kill to protect its cause.

Selfless also stars Victor Garber (Argo), Matthew Goode (Watchmen), Michelle Dockery(Non-Stop and TV’s “Downton Abbey”), Natalie Martinez (End of Watch), and is directed by Tarsem Singh (Immortals, The Cell).

Seems like the random plot generator and random cast generator both worked in tandem to come up with this.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 5

Will taking my wife to see Raid 2 make my son able to walk on day 1?

No. Only Christopher Nolan's magic leg brace can do that.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Random post of the night:

I'm watching The Howling.  Haven't seen this in ages.  Joe Dante, Dee Wallace Stone.  "I want to give you a piece of my mind."

Dee Wallace was the scream queen 30 years ago.  

• Like 1

Saw Rio 2 and it's really not bad. It's nothing new of course but it's solid movie for kids. The animation is bright and colorful while the music is good as well. It won't have a direct competition until..... How To Train You Dragon 2 right? Could have good legs

Edited by forg
  • Like 2

I give 0 Fucks what you think about me and I'll say whatever the fuck I want Noob, It's gonna be a long year between now and next May when TA2 opens up and if you think I'm bad now, wait'll then..

Posted Image

So this is the legendary BKB, seems different from what I heard during your absence.

Was checking sellouts in the LA area, and Rio 2 has had 23 sellouts today, no other movies have sellouts.

Weirdly enough, "Heaven is for Real" has 3 sellouts on Wednesday and 6 on Thursday already. This may be a potential breakout on Easter weekend to maybe a 15-20M opening or more.

If a small Christian movie like God is Not Dead could do well, Heaven is For Real which is based from a popular book for its target audience and has a major studio backing it up with a recognizable star (Greg Kinnear) on it, that movie really has a shot to breakout

Edited by forg
  • Like 1