Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Well next week it will have a 40%-50% drop I think, depends on how high Transcendence opens. Week 4 has no comp.

But then week 5 TASM2 looks to put a dent in it-but don't worry it will have made a bundle by then anyway!

Saw 3 Days to Kill. It was okay. Kevin Costner was a badass. The biggest shock was the show being sold out. And apparently happened all around the country. I think at this point it is impossible to predict what makes money in this country.

Also lol at the openers numbers.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I'm a Cap fan, but I can't wait to see some of the reactions here one Rio 2 wins the Weekend.

I absolutely don't want Rio to win over Cap… but I wouldn't be surprised if it took No. 1.

I just don't want a 59% or > drop for TWS. That's really it. If it manages to also stay on top, then awesome. I feel like family movies are really tricky to predict ​even the apparently shitty ones. 

About Rio 2 - Honestly I really like Blue Skies Studios and I think their animation is lovely, but they're basically being hounded by Fox (my sister works there) who is demanding they make unnecessary sequels like the pointless Ice Age ones. It's honestly given them a bad rep, that and the fact that some of their films tend to overplay the jokes again and again, like a lot of comedies these days.

• Like 1

About Rio 2 - Honestly I really like Blue Skies Studios and I think their animation is lovely, but they're basically being hounded by Fox (my sister works there) who is demanding they make unnecessary sequels like the pointless Ice Age ones. It's honestly given them a bad rep, that and the fact that some of their films tend to overplay the jokes again and again, like a lot of comedies these days.

Check the Ice Age numbers and get back to me.

They will never stop producing Ice Age movies, a golden goose like that is VERY rare.

Edited by The Futurist

The overseas grosses for the Ice Ages are kinda confounding to me. $700M? Jeez.

America don't get Scratch that s all.

He IS this franchise and for some reason he is huge everywhere but in the US o A.