CJohn

Early Friday Numbers: New Years Eve - 5M / The Sitter - 3.75M / Breaking Dawn P1 - 2.5M

Fox should have opened We Bought a Zoo this weekend. The Sitter could have opened to nothing at any time of the year. This is a movie that will supposedly have great WOM and needs some going into the holidays if it wants to compete with the big movies.I'm sure a lot of people will complain that studios should have put so and so movie this weekend, but Zoo makes the most sense to me.

Fox is actually do another Screening on Saturday for We Bought a Zoo,

To be the devil's advocate for New Year's Eve...it's a film that'll play over the weekend because it's really the ONLY romantic option for the holidays. And when your film's called New Year's Eve, I imagine New Line's going to push it heavily the closer we get to that date. A $80M+ total is likely in spite of reviews.At this rate I'm seeing Hugo pushing itself past $60M, Arthur Christmas barely past $50M, and Muppets managing itself to $100M; at least, I really really hope so. If Alvin 3 shows any sign of weakness, that'll only help the other films.