Fancyarcher

Weekend #'s April 18-20 Cap2: 26.2 Rio 22.5 Heaven 21.5 Trans 11.1 pg32

from boxoffice.com

Friday Update #2: Sources tell BoxOffice that Transcendence may be trailing Heaven Is for Real in a close race on Friday. The Johnny Depp sci-fi flick is on pace to bring in around $6 million today. That would position it for a considerably disappointing $16 million weekend. Meanwhile, Sony's faith-based hit is looking at a possible $6.5 million on Friday--after bringing in over $7 million on Wednesday and Thursday already. From there, Heaven would also be on course for a $15-16 million three-day frame.

No early numbers for Captain America: The Winter Soldier have been reported yet, however, Rio 2 is holding well for a targeted $11 million Friday and $28 million sophomore frame.

Meanwhile, A Haunted House 2 is off to a rocky start with what looks to be a $4 million Friday and $10 million opening weekend. Disneynature's Bears could earn around $3 million today for an opening weekend around $7 million.

• Like 3

from boxoffice.com

Friday Update #2: Sources tell BoxOffice that Transcendence may be trailing Heaven Is for Real in a close race on Friday. The Johnny Depp sci-fi flick is on pace to bring in around $6 million today. That would position it for a considerably disappointing $16 million weekend. Meanwhile, Sony's faith-based hit is looking at a possible $6.5 million on Friday--after bringing in over $7 million on Wednesday and Thursday already. From there, Heaven would also be on course for a $15-16 million three-day frame.

No early numbers for Captain America: The Winter Soldier have been reported yet, however, Rio 2 is holding well for a targeted $11 million Friday and $28 million sophomore frame.

Meanwhile, A Haunted House 2 is off to a rocky start with what looks to be a $4 million Friday and $10 million opening weekend. Disneynature's Bears could earn around $3 million today for an opening weekend around $7 million.

:o

why surprised at the Friday jump? That is how this weekend works. Huge Friday jump and tiny Saturday bump

I think because 11M would almost be equal to OD figures. Rio 2 has been well received by audiences, but not that well. Of course, the Sunday drops are going to be horrible this week, 35% will probably be the lowest of the drops (unless congregations go out to watch HIFR)

• Like 2

I think because 11M would almost be equal to OD figures. Rio 2 has been well received by audiences, but not that well. Of course, the Sunday drops are going to be horrible this week, 35% will probably be the lowest of the drops (unless congregations go out to watch HIFR)

I'm honestly expecting this for Heaven is for Real:

$6.5 million

$6.8 mlilion

$4.7 million ($18.1 million 3 day)

It'll hold well over Easter since it's a faith-based movie 

Rio 2 is just benefiting from a lack of real kiddie competition for the next 42 days  :P

Meanwhile...

Posted Image

I don't know, while Tele totally seems like the kind of guy with a no-bread SoCal diet, he also totally seems like the guy who'll say who the shittalkers are instead of demurring.

Edited by Numbers of House Stark

What's Johnny Depp's net worth.It might be time to think about retirement.

Well, he does own an island.  And he's made about 3.5 trillion-quadrillion dollars from POTC, so he should be fine.  

I don't know, while Tele totally seems like the kind of guy with a no-bread SoCal diet, he also totally seems like the guy who'll say who the shittalkers are instead of demurring.

Tele is a vegan, so he's not big on cock-meat.

• Like 1

No Friday # from Variety but a w/e "estimate"

Rio II: $27m

Cap2: $25m

Heaven: $18m

Tran: $16m

06:32PM PT

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/johnny-depps-transcendence-laying-an-egg-at-the-box-office-1201159719/

“Rio 2” looks to benefit from the holiday timeframe as the number of children on spring break doubled this weekend from 10% to 20%. The 3D comedy could win this weekend by a beak, as it stands to earn an estimated $27 million-plus — roughly $2 million more than “Captain America.”

Interesting, Deadline said last we/e that this w/e had 30% of kids on spring break.

Edited by TalismanRing

Blue texts are mine.

Well, he does own an island.  And he's made about 3.5 trillion-quadrillion dollars from POTC, so he should be fine.

Maybe this means we'll get Johnny Depp the indie actor back since Johnny Depp the movie star is practically dead.