grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

of course everyone plays to win so he's gonna try supporting, even if I think Gosling doesn't care that much about winning an Oscar or not. 

Then if the Academy feels it's wrong they can nominate him in thhe categgory they want. I remember people running for supporting and then they were nominated for main actor. Maybe recently Kate winslet? 

Edited by vale9001

Releasing i'm just Ken was  kinda spoilish but made definitely clear the tone of the movie, at least for the comedy part. And pre sales are growing up after that so now people definitely know what they will see and they want kinda of that. 

36 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I just can’t understand why they’re pushing this embargo more and more 

Given how unusual it is to change embargo dates at all, I have to assume they just can't decide what day it would be most useful in pushing tickets that extra inch on. I don't think they realized how capable the movie would be of building steam all on its own (and I just find it hard to believe it is about hiding bad reviews when they could have just set the embargo late from the get).

The UK premiere just had a full segment on the 6 o’clock news. One of the newsreaders was actually there lol. 

It’s a phenomenon. 

I don’t think anyone here will know Girls Aloud but they’re my favourite musical act of all time and my favourite member went to the premiere so here you go: 

51 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

So … reviews was supposed to drop on the 13th, than Deadline said is actually on 18th 

and now on UK it says July 19th, merely 24 hours before previews 

Oppenheimer review embargo is on July 19th too...they are stalking each other

I think they both are expecting good reviews so it's the best way to push last minute sales. Anyways I don't think at this point for Barbie reviews would change something in a relevant way. For Op a Little bit more. 

Edited by vale9001

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

Yeah Twitter is commenting all these Pink carpets around like they are the oscars or the Met Gala. There are viral tweets with 200k likes everywhere.

Really a pop phenomenon.

I really have a hard time imagining the movie delivering  for all these big expectations. They've created a monster.

16 minutes ago, TheOneWithTheHat said:

Given how unusual it is to change embargo dates at all, I have to assume they just can't decide what day it would be most useful in pushing tickets that extra inch on. I don't think they realized how capable the movie would be of building steam all on its own (and I just find it hard to believe it is about hiding bad reviews when they could have just set the embargo late from the get).

Maybe they want to overshadow Oppenheimer glowing reviews on social media since that is also dropping on July 19 and we all know everyone will be talking about the RT score for Barbie once it drops

But yeah even if i doubt it will be amazing reviews i don’t think they’ll be bad and it doesn’t seems like they’re trying to hide it since there are press screenings for NYC this Friday and LA on Monday so we’ll have actual critics talking about it before the reviews anyway

But it’s so messy at this point that is annoying 

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I really have a hard time imagining the movie delivering  for all these big expectations. They've created a monster.

I don't know ..i don't think we are in the league of these same higly anticipated movies like star wars or some Marvel, when you have stans with these incredibile expectations about a mitology and every aspect 

I'm not saying It's impossibile some people can not appreciate It but at the end of the day most people want a Pink barbieland, a fun movie and that's all. 

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

So … reviews was supposed to drop on the 13th, than Deadline said is actually on 18th 

WB probably still trying to cope in a post-greatest of all time-Flash world.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Maybe because... reviews are not gonna be that good? Maybe not bad, but not worth dropping embargo early, something like 60%. I would bet real money Oppenheimer is gonna get better reviews, no doubt about it.

36 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Maybe because... reviews are not gonna be that good? Maybe not bad, but not worth dropping embargo early, something like 60%. I would bet real money Oppenheimer is gonna get better reviews, no doubt about it.

So why Oppenheimer Is hiding too?.