grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

3 minutes ago, dobrevv said:

its disney movie with brie larson

doesn't matter. this kind of shit is an everyday thing. it doesn't make irrelevant movies relevant even though some are hoping for it. Barbie isn't relevant becasue of discourse. It's relevant cause it's relevant discourse or no discourse. Same goes for Oppenheimer.

EDIT: Just saw Mod post. End of Marvel discussion.

Edited by Valonqar

Yep 2 blockbusters this week both with fantastic reviews that are great counterprogramming to each other. Perfect weekend incoming. 

that said, Kensisters did we lose? RDJ's gonna win the Oscar isn't he? :sadfleck:

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, Valonqar said:

Yep 2 blockbusters this week both with fantastic reviews that are great counterprogramming to each other. Perfect weekend incoming. 

that said, Kensisters did we lose? RDJ's gonna win the Oscar isn't he? :sadfleck:

Now i think Gosling will try for best actor. 

10 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Now i think Gosling will try for best actor. 

There is no way. Even having not watched the film, Margot is the lead actress. Ryan would run for and likely will get a nomination for supporting actor, same as RDJ.

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

There is no way. Even having not watched the film, Margot is the lead actress. Ryan would run for and likely will get a nomination for supporting actor, same as RDJ.

Films can have more than one lead

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don't know, seems like at some point Ken Is very relevant. He's on every poster and main promotional things and Margot made or group interviews with others or interviews with Ryan. So they could try It. Also every review saying he's award worthy seems to talk about him as lead actor. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

She said that she is open to make them and would be interested on doing it. It’s not ‘teh internet’.

In general though, it’s true. 

yeah she did say it. But it felt like it was just a polite answer as it must be a despairing kind of question to get. So predictable and most interviewers on the junket only ask it for clicks. 

Just now, wildphantom said:

In general though, it’s true. 

yeah she did say it. But it felt like it was just a polite answer as it must be a despairing kind of question to get. So predictable and most interviewers on the junket only ask it for clicks. 

I mean, I just don’t like how part of the film twitter always try to take directors agencies on what should or shouldn’t be their next projects. I don’t care what any director makes, even the ones I love, as long as they are happy and well paid. It just feels condescending to me when people assume and talk about what directors mean. She can speak for herself, and I don’t need to infer what she truly means or not.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I mean, it depends how important the character is for the movie. There could be nominations for best actress and best actor from the same movie.

Edited by Kon

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Narina by Netflix sounds like an incredibly boring proposition but, to be fair, I might have said the same about a live action barbie movie a couple of years ago. Maybe she’ll subvert the story and bake it an atheist rally cry.

I forgot the Narina movies existed until now.

How where they about lure Gerwing in as director? Just throw tons of money at her like they always do for other creators?