grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Barbie is already being target of anti woke groups 

just ignore online audience metrics, every time is the same thing with this movies

RT audience score will also be weird, we have to wait CinemaScore and see the legs 

yeah lol

its audience is freaking loving it. It's gonna have amazing legs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Barbie is already being target of anti woke groups 

just ignore online audience metrics, every time is the same thing with this movies

RT audience score will also be weird, we have to wait CinemaScore and see the legs 

RT's verified audience won't be weird, and the trailer gives the feeling that it would get either an A- or an A cinemascore, but it's a WB movie, so I'm not sure.

Just now, vale9001 said:

Gosling will try as lead actor. Anyway as supporting would beat RDJ. His role is pure oscar baiting...comedy, drama, musical. Everything you deserve. 

He is winning Comedy Globe unless submitted in Supporting where RDJ is waiting since he is certified supporting. Even Chalamet in Wonka couldn't beat Gosling in Comedy. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

He is winning Comedy Globe unless submitted in Supporting where RDJ is waiting since he is certified supporting. Even Chalamet in Wonka couldn't beat Gosling in Comedy. 

i really don't see it happening 🤣

Edited by vale9001

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Greta would do some WORK with a Poison Ivy movie...

If she is serious and not just polite/diplomatic about doing a SH movie, Gunn should lock her for his DCEU since it's WB. the studio would be nuts to lose her to Marvel or Sony. Unless she has particular desire to direct a movie about one of or group of Marvel characters thna WB can't do anything about it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not sure I see why that would matter. 

The recent track record of WB is bad, and when was the last time WB made a $100 million+ budget female lead movie that was not a CBM?

Edited by Willowra

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

If she is serious and not just polite/diplomatic about doing a SH movie, Gunn should lock her for his DCEU since it's WB. the studio would be nuts to lose her to Marvel or Sony. Unless she has particular desire to direct a movie about one of or group of Marvel characters thna WB can't do anything about it.

I want her in the MCU. Kevin should make the call.

10 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Gosling will try as lead actor. Anyway as supporting would beat RDJ. His role is pure oscar baiting...comedy, drama, musical. Everything you deserve. 

Depending on how strong the competation is, if supporting is easier he should stick with that category. An Oscar is an Oscar.

Michelle Williams would have easily won as supporting actress for Fabelmans, but she stupidly moved herself to the insanely competitive Best Actress last year and ended up losing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Depending on how strong the competation is, if supporting is easier he should stick with that category. An Oscar is an Oscar.

Michelle Williams would have easily won as supporting actress for Fabelmans, but she stupidly moved herself to the insanely competitive Best Actress last year and ended up losing.

I agree that Williams made a mistake but given how rejected Fabelmans was I think that JLC would have won anyway. EEAAO was sweeping and there was no stopping it. 

So yeah wahtever can get Gosling in. 

• Like 1

So i'm the only one excited to see a Narnia movie? 😆

For what we know it's not exactly an adaptation of the first novel  but could be something really inventive and new in that universe, which let space for deep themes really connected to her filmography. She can make something really interesting with that.

If warner bros seems like left her make a movie out of the predictable schemes with a 250M movie (budget + marketing) i don't  think netflix would have any problem to tell her "here's the money, do what you want". I guess she will write these movies too. 

I don't know why people think that working for Netflix is a sign of rift with WB. if she wanted to do Narnia and Netflix had the rights than she was to do it with Netflix. Directors work for many different studios. 

What is tracking now? How big OW can we expect?

Edited by Valonqar

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I don't know why people think that working for Netflix is a sign of rift with WB. if she wanted to do Narnia and Netflix had the rights than she was to do it with Netflix. Directors work for many different studios. 

What is tracking now? How big OW can we expect?

Now It's official pre sales in all the country are the biggest since Avatar. So the 130-140M range seems like the standard 

Edited by vale9001