grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

Yeah, it’s weird that they put this type of plot and heavy theme in a Barbie movie. This won’t please everyone. But OMG everything else is perfect. The way Greta packs and shows it in her direction style is exquisite. Fun tone, funny and dark jokes remind me of Deadpool jokes, the acting are top notch, Characters are funny and unique Also songs and dance are catchy!!! Everyone’s getting a slander in this movie 💀💀. Margot Robbie slays 💅🏻!! hilariously fun (almost like a parody) satirical movie!!!

Top tier of 2023 for sure! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Remember when Michael Bay made Misogyny: The Franchise to billions and billions of dollars? Yeah, anyone mad about feminism in Barbie can take several seats. 

And god damn those films were terrible. It unmade my love as a kid for Transformers. Bumblebee was great but also felt like too little, too late. (Can I say that about Transformers? Is it safe?)

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Certainly wouldn’t be surprised if barbenheimer manages 220m

37 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

At the moment, 170M+ wouldn't be a surprise imo

I'm crossing fingers for so many reasons not just because I want my club to win biggly and see the movie get nominated including Ryan and Margot. This is a phenomenal proof that audience wants to see fresh ideas (also add SoF surprise to the list) and that counterprogramming works. 

EDIT: well, this could be the first time that Supporting Actor is going to be the most buzzed about category since war has already broken between RDJ stans, De Niro stans and Gosling stans. 

Edited by Valonqar

Just got out of it. My 3:30pm Dolby showing was completely sold out. Showings at one of my major theaters are sold out up until Sunday.

Loved the film. 8.5/10. I think it could have legs. It's a cheerful movie(although I don't think it will land with some as I can see some people saying it's too preachy). But it's very good overall. Happy for Greta, Margot and loved Ryan in this. 

Edited by cookieleeann
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

Just got out of it. My 3:30pm Dolby showing was completely sold out. Showings at one of my major theaters are sold out up until Sunday.

Loved the film. 8.5/10. I think it could have legs. It's a cheerful movie(although I don't think it will land with some as I can see some people saying it's too preachy). But it's very good overall. Happy for Greta, Margot and loved Ryan in this. 

Avatar did no land with some, they still hating but the box office...  That message works with women the target audiences even Conservative Women that seem to be growing tired of the crap said on SM, they are acting middle ground with the movie as Tomi lahren wich means they liked it and will probably repeat.

And the movie according to lots of people is not a men bad movie, Ken is not bad, is not mean to Men. 

Edited by Day and Date The Best
  • Like 1