grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It'll be interesting how this compares to the Scorsese/Marvel stuff 

Yeah man…Those Oppenheimer toys are flying off the shelves, right?

The gatekeeping of movies as an artform is annoying. All movies are, by definition, art, like it or not.

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Art can't be promoted?.

I don't get it. If you talk about the content and how the content is not art is a thing. But since when art can't be promoted or is not art anymore?. 

What's her point?. 

On 9/19/2023 at 7:42 AM, SpiderByte said:

So it's Barbenheimer that is killing cinema or whatever now that folks no longer have comic book movies to use as the easy target given the underperformers within the genre recently? LMAO.

Seriously, the "(fill in the blank) is killing cinema" argument is only whipped out whenever people want to announce that they're salty it's not their faves receiving all the attention without actually announcing that they're salty it's not their faves receiving all the attention. Or just want to see their names in the news.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So it's Barbenheimer that is killing cinema or whatever now that folks no longer have comic book movies to use as the easy target given the underperformers within the genre recently? LMAO.

Seriously, the "(fill in the blank) is killing cinema" argument is only whipped out whenever people want to announce that they're salty it's not their faves receiving all the attention without actually announcing that they're salty it's not their faves receiving all the attention. Or just want to see their names in the news.

i dont think kelly reichardt applies to this of all people

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

The next time someone says Go Woke, Go Broke, just reply with this

The Anti-Woke crew is already using "Barbie has a white blonde female lead" as "proof" that people don't want inclusion.

Edited by Kon

2 hours ago, Kon said:

The Anti-Woke crew is already using "Barbie has a white blonde female lead" as "proof" that people don't want inclusion.

I guess they’re just conveniently ignoring the Latina woman and her daughter, as well as the diversity of all the other Barbies, one of whom is played by a trans woman. 

2 hours ago, Kon said:

To be fair, I saw some salt re Barbenheimer success but especially Barbie success among TLM fans. You know, movies with white leads blowing up. I don't think the race has anything to do with it. Barbie was simply perfectly cast and people responded to that. They weren't taken out of the movie. Also, the movie was actually really good and had something to say. That matters. It wasn't a mediocre cashgrab in a surface-level  "priogressive" package.

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess they’re just conveniently ignoring the Latina woman and her daughter, as well as the diversity of all the other Barbies, one of whom is played by a trans woman. 

nobody went to see Barbie for those supporting characters lets be honest here. And all humans were the worst part of the movie anyway. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

October 17th release date for video release finally revealed

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/barbie-due-on-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-and-dvd-oct-17/

The Barbie 4K UHD and Blu-ray contain the following special features:  

• “Welcome to Barbie Land” featurette
  • “Becoming Barbie” featurette
  • “Playing Dress-Up” featurette
  • “Musical Make-Believe” featurette
  • “All-Star Barbie Party” featurette
  • “It’s A Weird World” featurette

BARBIE_WW_4KOSLV_FINALSKEW_3D_1000821542

BARBIE_WW_BDOSLV_FINALSKEW_3D_1000821544

Edited by Mojoguy

On 10/1/2023 at 12:42 AM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I liked Gloria but I've been an America Ferrera fan since The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Ugly Betty. Sasha was every jaded young teen with a budding interest in social issues watching entirely too much TikTok.

As someone who has also been a stan of America since the Sisterhood/Ugly Betty days it highly pleases me that she's having A Moment. This, Dumb Money, Pixar's Elio. If they're smart they'll get her for at least a cameo appearance in the live-action How to Train Your Dragon remake.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

BARBIE_WW_4KOSLV_FINALSKEW_3D_1000821542

Would have been better without all the junk at the top, honestly even without Margot and Ryan. Just the B on pink. We all know what it is. We don't just have to slap the same promo material on our physical media releases.

/also haven't seen it but has Feelings.