CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I see about 100 movies a year at the theater.  I see about 95 of them alone.  

Just go.  Don't be a pussy.   :P

Damn. I wish I could see that many movies theatrically. Can't afford it.

I am like Dash, still not convinced on this one.

Fair enough.  It made sense to me.  But no problem if it didn't resonate with you.  

It's not jumping 50% on Saturday.  Sorry, but openers don't jump that much.  20-30%, ABSOLUTE MAX.  

I don't think it will either but that was my projection of the only way it could reach $90m with a $32m Friday.  I think it will have a bit better Sat jump than Cap though and that was 30% as was TDW. Then again maybe non stellar WOM might temper that family friendly advantage.

• Like 1

Damn. I wish I could see that many movies theatrically. Can't afford it.

I go to cheap theaters.  I also don't drink, spend money on weed or gamble anymore.  So that's my only vice....movies.

• Like 5

He's going on the Doctor Connors fuck up and how his experiments turned him into a lizard.  It has nothing to do with the video his dad left him.

I don't recall magical spider blood being the cause of Connors mutating into Lizard, is it? In TASM, it was an incomplete "algorithm of regression" Connors and Parker Sr worked on, the latter resolved, some gibberish equation that helped regenerating limbs while he experimented on lizards to extract some regenerating serum. I don't think that got so much to do with Parker's super spider blood.

• Like 1

I am like Dash, still not convinced on this one.

Beyond that, their "friendship" is so damn under cooked, that who would give two shits about the paper thin reasoning as to why or why not? Two didn't seem like boys to me. Then, of course, the narrative thread of each relating to one another because daddy abandoned 'em. Also, woefully under cooked. Then, well, I've already said my two cents... Just a series of quasi-related events insulting even in terms of low level CBM reality. The aforementioned three threads being the least compelling of a string of less than compelling story streams. Wish they'd examined Electro's psyche and Norman Osborn's selfish motives in straight up ruining his son. Those were the two I felt had some potential. The ABORT! button was hit early on those two as well though. Ugh.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1