Films

The Walk | Zemeckis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt | Sep. 30, 2015 in IMAX 3D | Wide Release on Oct. 9

Backlash is immediate these days

I saw people complaining that Chris Pratt was in everything when JW came out. I was like, he's been in 2 movies in 2 years

He was more ubiquitous BEFORE his breakout :rofl:

I was surprised how many movies he was in before his breakout. He seems to have at least a minor role in every single comedy over the past few years. He even showed up in Bride Wars as the only character with any common sense in that universe.

I was surprised how many movies he was in before his breakout. He seems to have at least a minor role in every single comedy over the past few years. He even showed up in Bride Wars as the only character with any common sense in that universe.

Seriously this...

tumblr_n9xsd78Ozb1smcqr3o4_250.gif

Is one of the most oh shit...that's him! Moments, outside of Jack Black in everything in the 90s moments.

Btw. I hated Wanted.

• Like 3

Seriously this...

tumblr_n9xsd78Ozb1smcqr3o4_250.gif

Is one of the most oh shit...that's him! Moments, outside of Jack Black in everything in the 90s moments.

Btw. I hated Wanted.

I was surprised too to see how many movies Pratt did before his Guardians star making role.

I just loved the interview where he talks about how people in Hollywood used to hit on his adorable wife in front of him because she was more famous than him and people didn't even notice him.

Speaking of which :

Pratt for Passengers : 

chris-pratt-sports-beard-on-set-05.jpg

• Like 1

I was surprised too to see how many movies Pratt did before his Guardians star making role.

I just loved the interview where he talks about how people in Hollywood used to hit on his adorable wife in front of him because she was more famous than him and people didn't even notice him.

Speaking of which :

Pratt for Passengers : 

chris-pratt-sports-beard-on-set-05.jpg

Oh how the tides have turned.

Like...bet it works completely the opposite now.

• Like 1

The Gravity backlash really is something else. Just as fervent as the Jurassic World backlash

They're similar, in a way. The backlash comes from them being popular with the masses, so it's not as cool to love them anymore.

The difference is that JW was going to be a big film regardless, perhaps not necessarily as big as it was, while Gravity seemed considerably more modest. Still, the degree which they beat expectations is probably roughly similar.

Of course, unlike Gravity, JW is pretty much crap, so the backlash against it is justified.

• Like 1

I just got back from this. Holy hell. JGL IS SO PUNCHABLE.

Kind of hated it but there were some really good moments.

On one hand, I'm thinking...so punch able? What?

On the other I'm like...

Oh god, I haven't even seen this movie and I TOTALLY believe it.

• Like 1

On one hand, I'm thinking...so punch able? What?

On the other I'm like...

Oh god, I haven't even seen this movie and I TOTALLY believe it.

He just is so smug and pandering and insincere. I've always like him, but between this and Don Jon I'm flipped.

• Like 1

He just is so smug and pandering and insincere. I've always like him, but between this and Don Jon I'm flipped.

Well, this Gordon Levitt dude is pretty smart IMO.

I mean, as a kid, he understood right away that Bruce Wayne was the Dark Knight.

• Like 1