lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

6 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, freaking Power Rangers is gonna get a better RT score than BVS and Suicide Squad.

I never thought I would live to see Power Rangers being better reviewed than a movie featuring Batman and Superman.

Did I say that even Dolph Lundgren managed to get a movie at 100% on RT?  It's called Don't Kill It.

Yet Power Rangers won't come even close to the box office of these 2 movies. That's how relevant are the opinion of movie critics default_risax.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Yet Power Rangers won't come even close to the box office of these 2 movies. That's how relevant are the opinion of movie critics default_risax.gif

Until Gokira says it's tracking at an $150M OW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Sure, but it's still a surprise. Unfortunately opinion of critics can also hurt a lot of movies, like for example, BVS...

I don't care about them, but many really care. So, it's hard, lol.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Seeing as how you want to go down that route, I don't think Power Rangers will have a 1.99x multiplier either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Well, considering that BVS had potential to do way more than what it did, and also considering that it didn't reach it's biggest potential, thanks in a big part to critics trashing it, yeah, I would say that critics' opinion are a bit relevant.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Well, considering that BVS had potential to do way more than what it did, and also considering that it didn't reach it's biggest potential, thanks in a big part to critics trashing it, yeah, I would say that critics' opinion are a bit relevant.

No. BvS opened to monster numbers when it came out showing that critics had very little effect in people's decision to go see it. It didn't reach its full potential because it got horrible to toxic WOM. 

Btw I do want to add that I am a firm believer that critics can dictate if folks go see a movie or not. I just don't think that was the case with BvS. I think it occurs with smaller scale films/original films that folks might be on the fence of seeing. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Nova said:

No. BvS opened to monster numbers when it came out showing that critics had very little effect in people's decision to go see it. It didn't reach its full potential because it got horrible to toxic WOM. 

Btw I do want to add that I am a firm believer that critics can dictate if folks go see a movie or not. I just don't think that was the case with BvS. I think it occurs with smaller scale films/original films that folks might be on the fence of seeing. 

Well, critics didn't hurt bvs bo, what hurt it was the lack of quality. And yep, critics were a bit relevant in this case because they were right about the "" quality "" of the movie.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Well, critics didn't hurt bvs bo, what hurt it was the lack of quality. And yep, critics were a bit relevant in this case because they were right about the "" quality "" of the movie.

Exactly lol That's what I said ie the toxic word of mouth it got is what derailed it....not the critics reaction. It just happened that critics and audiences agreeded on the quality. 

• Like 1

Inverse has a great article today about the origin of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.   Everyone credits Haim Saban for Power Rangers.  Saban Brands describes Power Rangers as "the brainchild of Haim Saban," however, he never would have gotten that chance, if it was not for one woman sitting on the other side of the room when he made the pitch: Margaret Loesch at Fox, who previously had worked at Marvel Productions.  In case you have not heard the story, Stan Lee essentially came up with the concept for Power Rangers before Haim Saban did with Sun Vulcan, but was unsuccessful in selling it to U.S. networks.  Eventually, some of Toei's Super Sentai rights to Bioman went to Saban, and Saban made a pilot for that.  That pilot was rejected for years, until Saban met Loesch.  So, had things gone differently early on, we could have had Stan Lee and Marvel exporting the Super Sentai internationally, and not Saban.  And it is ironic that the Power Rangers have a current crossover with DC Comics and the Justice League instead of Marvel and the Avengers once you know that.  Loesch gets far less credit for helping Power Rangers than she deserves, as she was so monumental to creating the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Edited by Outrageous!
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Robbie Collin said "it's flabbergastingly bad". His review from The Telegraph will be added soon. 

That wasn't actually an indication of what to expect from his review. Seemed more like banter and tongue-in-cheek talk. His review could still be negative regardless