Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

Neighbors sets the bar for what I think is going to be a pretty good summer for comedies. It will be interesting to see if 22 Jump Street can beat this opening

• Like 4

Some people on here really get a kick out of TASM2's failure domestically.

Posted Image

"This isn't personal..."

Posted Image

"It kind of feels personal."

This is the first post from u in a long time i have seen, what happened did you tired of us?

TASM should be doing around 36m weekend. That's a 61% drop.

IM3 got 2.71x from its 2nd weekend and Thor got 2.77x. If TASM2 follows them then it will finish with $210m. 2.5x is the minimum, so 200m is a lock, while 3x is the maximum, so 220m is the best it can do.

Neighbors sets the bar for what I think is going to be a pretty good summer for comedies. It will be interesting to see if 22 Jump Street can beat this opening

IT was hilarious and had great marketing it deserves every penny. I hope 22 is just as funny

I just realized something: the TV show The Neighbors just got canceled on the same day Neighbors came out. Ironic.

Also, Spider-Man's doing worse than I thought. Could it be below $200M? And will Sony just continue to go on with two more sequels which will likely do worse box-office and that spinoff with Sinister Six?

• Like 2

TASM should be doing around 36m weekend. That's a 61% drop.

IM3 got 2.71x from its 2nd weekend and Thor got 2.77x. If TASM2 follows them then it will finish with $210m. 2.5x is the minimum, so 200m is a lock, while 3x is the maximum, so 220m is the best it can do.

I really hope it falls 61.6%.

• Like 2

I just realized something: the TV show The Neighbors just got canceled on the same day Neighbors came out. Ironic.

Also, Spider-Man's doing worse than I thought. Could it be below $200M? And will Sony just continue to go on with two more sequels which will likely do worse box-office and that spinoff with Sinister Six?

I really hope that Sony DOES keep going with the sequels and spin-offs. They are going to bomb HORRIBLY and this will give Marvel and Disney MUCH more leverage to FINALLY take away control of Spider-Man film rights from Sony.

I really hope that Sony DOES keep going with the sequels and spin-offs. They are going to bomb HORRIBLY and this will give Marvel and Disney MUCH more leverage to FINALLY take away control of Spider-Man film rights from Sony.

Yep and then SM can be introduced into the DISNEY catalog in a Avengers movie. No more reboot introduction movies just establish the character in the universe and lets get to the real meat of the stories. 

• Like 1

Yep and then SM can be introduced into the DISNEY catalog in a Avengers movie. No more reboot introduction movies just establish the character in the universe and lets get to the real meat of the stories. 

Agreed, then Spider-Man on film can once again be given justice to the fans and to the history of the character.

Even better, Fox gives up the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four. With that, Disney has a beyond epic crossover with Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spidey, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and any other characters they bring to the big screen (Dr. Strange, Black Panther) to fight together in an epic 3+ hour movie.