Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

Is it possible they might still wonder if that April opening cost Cap 2 some money?   Looking at the critical praise might have them thinking it should have made more.

Disney is more than happy with TWS's performance, per Iger's remarks to shareholders last week. He praised the film's earnings and said that it far over-performed, exceeding Disney's expectations. Now, the studio might be thinking that it could have done better in a summer slot, but the reason they chose April 4th was due to the heavy competition it would have faced otherwise. Never forget that CATFA fared worse than the other Phase One films, save TIH. Marvel apparently viewed Cap as a somewhat weaker franchise and scheduled it accordingly. But once the execs got a look at the film, recognized its quality and saw the box office, they gave it the best slot available for 2016.

• Like 1

Neighbors was at 100% on RT with it's first 11 reviews, IIRC. I'm a bit surprised that it fell all the way to 75% because the first critics to post were so effusive in their praise of it.

Neighbors was at 100% on RT with it's first 11 reviews, IIRC. I'm a bit surprised that it fell all the way to 75% because the first critics to post were so effusive in their praise of it.

Makes me worried for Godzilla then.  :unsure:

• Like 1

With that number we could be looking those(allready) great late legs which could give us 18-20 mill more incl friday's number for a 258-260 mill total.Thats a huge number

Hmm, how about passing TASM?