Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

@raysubers early Friday estimation for #AmazingSpiderman2: 12.5 million. This should be enough to hang onto first spot for the day and weekend.@raysubers in related news the total for 2007s Spiderman 3 has dropped by 5 million. #peculiar.

I panicked for a second before I realized this was a joke.

• Like 1

UPDATE, 1 PM: Based on matinees, Neighbors looks like it’s gonna whoop The Amazing Spider-Man 2 — with estimates right now $40M+ range for Universal’s frat comedy … it’s playing incredibly strong and it could even get up to $45, according to some distribs … if so, can’t see Spidey holding onto the No. 1 spot. Like I said before, it will depend on Friday’s numbers. And there you go … Fox’s The Other Woman is playing well for a third spot … at the moment. Very early estimates. Very. Stay tuned as the ticker-tape that has become box office reporting continues.

• Like 3

Haha hahahaThere are no friday estimates.Theyre just telling us whats been predictednow for about a week.

• Like 10

UPDATE, 1 PM: Based on matinees, Neighbors looks like it’s gonna whoop The Amazing Spider-Man 2 — with estimates right now $40M+ range for Universal’s frat comedy … it’s playing incredibly strong and it could even get up to $45, according to some distribs … if so, can’t see Spidey holding onto the No. 1 spot. Like I said before, it will depend on Friday’s numbers. And there you go … Fox’s The Other Woman is playing well for a third spot … at the moment. Very early estimates. Very. Stay tuned as the ticker-tape that has become box office reporting continues.

So basically, here is a bunch of stuff everyone has speculated on for some time now.

I think "The Other Woman" and "Mom's Night Out" will both hold very well on Sunday thanks to Mother's day movie outings. TASM2 may be a choice for the family movie night as well.

Posted Image

• Like 3

TASM2 os is 340m as of Wed. It was 277m after the last weekend. So added 63m or 21m/weekday (which is solid after a 116m weekend). Should be 360m by Thurs. 500m+ looks likely then. Domestic could keep it behind tasm1 ww though. Needs an SM3 like 190% jump today to salvage some pride (assuming Sony had any ifp)

Edited by a2k

I wouldn't say ASM is a lock for 500 at all os. if I'm wrong but has it not opened in every market now?

I hope we're treated to a Naked Gun style dating scene of Tele and ED. Something tells me I'm into something good.

Nice beaver.Thanks. I just had it stuffed.
  • Like 2