A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

If studios don't see Pixar and Disney as big deals anymore then it's up to Pixar and Disney to show that they're wrong

A really good Pixar film wouldn't have to worry much about competition, let alone (what I expect to be) a middling superhero entry with a very public headcase of a lead

• Like 2

If I had to guess what their marketing schedule is going to look like:

December to January: Second trailer for Ant-Man 3

February to March: Trailers for Guardians 3, Little Mermaid, and Elemental; Possible first look at The Marvels at Super Bowl

April: All focus on Guardians and The Little Mermaid; Trailer for Indy 5 and The Marvels

May: Shifting the focus on Elemental once The Little Mermaid is in the rearview mirror; Trailer for The Haunted Mansion

June: Focus on Elemental and Indy 5; first trailer for Wish

July: All hands on deck for The Marvels; trailer for Haunting in Venice

August: TBD

September to October: Ramping up the marketing for Wish; first trailer for Elio

November: First trailer for Inside Out 2

On 12/8/2022 at 6:11 PM, AJG said:

I saw this post but forgot to comment on it. I’m not so sure if that’s correct. Belloni is an actual respectable Hollywood insider with decades of experience covering the business, but one thing isn’t like the other here. A Disney and Apple merger is actually feasible if what I’ve learned studying the subject way back then with the Fox acquisition is correct, because unlike the Microsoft’s attempt of acquiring Activision, one of those would be a vertical purchase, and the other is horizontal. Also I think that merges will end up happening in the upcoming years and decades. Apple and Disney do make sense, but I also don’t buy that that’s Papa Iger endgame right now.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

I saw this post but forgot to comment on it. I’m not so sure if that’s correct. Belloni is an actual respectable Hollywood insider with decades of experience covering the business, but one thing isn’t like the other here. A Disney and Apple merger is actually feasible if what I’ve learned studying the subject way back then with the Fox acquisition is correct, because unlike the Microsoft’s attempt of acquiring Activision, one of those would be a vertical purchase, and the other is horizontal. Also I think that merges will end up happening in the upcoming years and decades. Apple and Disney do make sense, but I also don’t buy that that’s Papa Iger endgame right now.

It could happen but one thing to clarify is it wouldn't be a merger it would be a takeover. Apple is 13x more valuable than Disney.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

It could happen but one thing to clarify is it wouldn't be a merger it would be a takeover. Apple is 13x more valuable than Disney.

Yes, the candidates would be Apple, Amazon, Google, Meta and well, Microsoft. I think Microsoft acquiring Disney would be a very different situation thar Microsoft acquiring Activision, for example. What Microsoft is attempting is to dominate the gaming market by throwing money at the biggest gaming developers. It’s not the same thing as Apple and Disney, that was the gist of what I was trying to convey.

• Like 1