06.19 UNTITLED PIXAR

07.10 UNTITLED DISNEY

07.24 UNTITLED MARVEL

08.14 UNTITLED DISNEY

09.18 UNTITLED DISNEY

11.06 UNTITLED MARVEL

11.25 UNTITLED DISNEY ANIMATION

12.18 AVATAR IV

Glad to see them get some common sense and stake out a December 2023 release after all. Unfortunately, I'm thinking it's that prestige Fox/Searchlight movie they have in the can which they haven't dated yet. Which means they'd still be relying on Wish, a movie which will struggle in the post-Spider-Verse world.

8 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

DISNEY 2023

02/17 AATW: QUANTUMANIA

04/07 CHEVALIER (Seachlight)

05/05 GOTG III

05/26 THE LITTLE MERMAID

06/02 THE BOOGEYMAN (Fox)

06/16 ELEMENTAL

06/30 IJ: THE DIAL OF DESTINY

07/28 THE MARVELS

08/11 HAUNTED MANSION

09/15 A HAUNTING IN VENICE (Fox)

09/22 NEXT GOAL WINS (Searchlight)

10/06 TRUE LOVE (Fox)

11/22 WISH

12/01 UNTITLED DISNEY

I wonder what the untitled one for December 1st is. That's a dead date. So it must be a potential awards contender?

That's still only the movies from Fox (aka the main studio, not Searchlight). I hope output from Fox proper increases in the coming years. This is one of the major factors contributing to a lack of product at theatres. WB's plight being the other major factor. 

Typically, based on what they've done previously, if Disney were to date a 20th Century or Searchlight title, they would label it as "Untitled 20th Century" or "Untitled Searchlight" instead of "Untitled Disney", so I don't believe those titles will be something from one of those studios.

That being said, Walt Disney Pictures doesn't have much of anything in production right now that A.) Doesn't have a date already and B.) Could make the dates listed. That is, unless they have some secret unannounced stuff in production?

I have a theory that following the move of The Boogeyman from Hulu to theaters, and Iger giving creatives more control again over how their films are released, that perhaps some Disney+ movies that are/will be ready-to-go might be making a similar switch to theatrical releases. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, though.

Edited by datpepper

1 minute ago, datpepper said:

Typically, based on what they've done previously, if Disney were to date a 20th Century or Searchlight title, they would label it as "Untitled 20th Century" or "Untitled Searchlight" instead of "Untitled Disney", so I don't believe those titles will be something from one of those studios.

Yeah that's what I figured. I hope more 20th Century titles are added to the schedule as we go on here.

Alliance Entertainment’s Mill Creek Entertainment Announces New Home Entertainment Licensing Agreement with The Walt Disney Company

MINNEAPOLIS, January 30, 2023--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mill Creek Entertainment, a division of Alliance Entertainment Holding Corporation ("Alliance Entertainment"), a distributor and wholesaler of the world’s largest in stock selection of music, movies, video games, electronics, arcades, and collectibles, today announced it has signed a home entertainment licensing agreement with The Walt Disney Company.

In the multi-year agreement, Distribution Solutions, a division of Alliance Entertainment Holding Corporation, will distribute hundreds of select physical (Blu-ray and DVD) live-action film and television properties from the ABC Signature, 20th Television, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, and 20th Century Studios content libraries.

"This significant partnership further builds on our studio’s substantial offering of home entertainment products that appeal to collectors and fans alike," said Jeff Hayne, Senior VP of Acquisitions and Production of Mill Creek Entertainment. "Mill Creek will assume the role of vendor of record on certain existing titles."

"We are excited to have signed a licensing agreement with The Walt Disney Company. This incredible partnership is a testament to Mill Creek’s solid reputation as a premier resource for major studio content providers," said Ben Means, President of Mill Creek Entertainment. "Titles will benefit from our vast network of physical and e-commerce retailers, including several where we have proprietary fixtures for DVD and Blu-ray™ products."

"Disney is a leader in the video industry, and we are humbled that they chose Alliance to maximize the sales of hundreds of their film and television properties," said Jeff Walker, CEO of Alliance Entertainment. "We have built three great divisions to produce the video industry’s best sales channel to drive sales of physical video product by incorporating the skills of Mill Creek for licensing and production, Distribution Solutions for retail and bulk distribution, and Alliance Entertainment for one-stop sales and ecommerce fulfillment."

source:https://finance.yahoo.com/news/alliance-entertainment-mill-creek-entertainment-130000873.html

Good news for Psychical Media fans. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Td;lr? It's paywalled

Disney executives have discussed selling more titles to third parties and are in the process of shopping certain titles right now. It remains to be seen if they keep them in-house at Hulu or they sell them to an outside bidder.

Iger has also scheduled three years worth of films in theaters, a salve to cinema owners threatened by the rise of home viewing. The company is prioritizing theatrical releases for films and deemphasizing direct-to-streaming movies, said two of the people.

These seem the most important paragraphs.

Disney has already been licensing some of the Hulu shows (non-exclusively) to the Amazon AVOD service (think it is called Freevee at the moment) and also Modern Family was shared with Peacock so likely more of that. 

Unsurprisingly less movies will be shifted to streaming (as has been the case since Turning Red) as theatrical (although still challenged) is at a level in which getting to the $800m-1B range that Disney was used to in 2015-2019 isn't as difficult as the last few years particularly as China is back as a market, Disney have more TV Series ready to go than 2020/2021 and the 20th Century deal with HBO Max is almost finished which should give Hulu/Disney+ a boost of Pay-1 (streaming after theatrical release) titles. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I figured it would air during the first quarter.

The current running thought is that Secret Invasion isn't gonna start to air until Late April/Early-Mid May, so even with the huge number of eyeballs at the Superb Owl, just not worth promoting it when it is (likely) over two-plus months away.

• Like 3

Since I'm headed to bed, might as well lay out my personal reasoning on Late April/Early-Mid May for Secret Invasion.

Here is what we actually know about SI's hard release date:

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

(would have went with the Godfather gif, but all of them had the "my offer is this" attached)

Complete and utter Radio Silence from Studio Burbank since a soft schedule announcement of "Early 2023" at... Comic-Con, I think?  Disney Plus Day? D23?  Been a hot minute either way.

Have had some reports of a May launch from the scoopershere, for what ever grains of salt they're worth.  But they might just be guessing

Still, even if they are guessing, I think it's a fairly good and reasonable guess for several reasons.

First and foremost, Season Three of The Mandalorian is gonna be airing from March 1st through at least  Early April.  I personally wouldn't be surprised if Disney compresses the calendar slightly to tie in a finale/penultimate episode with SW Celebration. But if they don't then it runs to mid-late April, depending on double episodes. 

Even if Disney hasn't reconsidered the idea of overlapping SW and Marvel in general, I don't know if Disney is all too keen on having two premiere/destination series (as both Mando S3 and Secret Invasion should be) battling against each other for mindshare.  At the very least, they'd probably want to minimize overlap as much as possible, which points to mid-April at the earliest.

Then there is the consideration that SI might not even be ready until late-March.  It went under a decent amount of reshoots that went until mid-August (and perhaps into late September), and depending on just how extensive said reshoots were, that might be affecting when it can be finalized.  And if it's not gonna be ready until late-March, might as well wait a couple of more weeks until Mando S3 is in the clear.

Lastly, there is also the looming WGA negotiations.  It is possible that Disney might be tempted to space out its Star Wars and Disney frontline properties if it thinks there might be a WGA strike.  Not because said strike would effect them immediately when it comes to airing stuff (it very much wouldn't), but because it might blow a hole in their penciled in schedule 8 to 10 months from when the strike might start, .  So instead of compressing the release calendar, they could be tempted to stretch out releases a tad as a minor bit of insurance in case the WGA strike lasts long enough to affect writing of scripted shows.  

Of course, all of this is tea leaf reading and wondering why the proverbial dog hasn't barked yet.  It could be none of the reasons above. Or it could just the be the ever-likely "it's not ready yet".

But if it was gonna air in March, almost 100% certain we would have heard about it by now and I am 100 percent sure it'd have some sort of trailer at the Super Bowl, even if it was relegated to pre-game.

And since it isn't?  Or rather, if Deadline is right and it isn't?  Well, not hard to add two and two and get four.

Edited by Porthos
Wrong link slipped in - Sigh
  • Like 6