A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

On 3/26/2023 at 5:26 AM, froztking said:

this yrs sdcc and d23 gonna be fun to watch ! announcing kang dynasty nd secret wars looks like a mistake !! that helped for good pr during the thor 4 crash but in long time it's gonna haunt them ! if they gonna reshoot then loki s2 maybe pushed back 2 2024 ! ironheart or echo can take it's place ! they should push back the digital rls of ant man 3 if possible and reshoot all the kang stuff in ant man and loki s1 ! expensive yes but can be the best option if they gonna continue kangs story !

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

Actually, If they can prove that Major paid hush money, that is an offense in and of itself.....as a certain Ex President of the US is finding out.....

Remind me not to believe anything you say about American law .

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, filmlover said:

Would it kill some people to actually wait for the facts to fully come out instead of running with what little we have so far? Because all I'm seeing in some circles is an embrace of the sensationalism of a very serious topic that accomplishes nothing but providing ammunition for the "#MeToo is a witch hunt" crowd (and for the love of everything everywhere all at once, please refrain from being potentially taken for a ride by these random folks on social media with skeptically-timed "warnings" of "I told y'all but no one would listen" with hardly anything to truly back up their own claims).

Currently on vacation at the theme parks and this story has already sort of spoiled my overall good mood and don't really have the patience for the Internet making itself sweaty doing The Most about a story we will more likely than not have much more details about soon (this still being the weekend when folks are distracted by time off and all), there's no need to go down any rabbit holes or anything.

This. We should wait for more evidence before specutling. Not that that will happen though.

There is nothing that Disney can do at the moment anyway  except wait to see what happens. And no matter whay, they are not about to get invovled  with this case legally, period. It would backife big time if they got caught trying ti inlluence the Justice system. That is why we have not heard a peep from Warners about Ezra Miller's legal problems.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This. We should wait for more evidence before specutling. Not that that will happen though.

There is nothing that Disney can do at the moment anyway  except wait to see what happens. And no matter whay, they are not about to get invovled  with this case legally, period. It would backife big time if they got caught trying ti inlluence the Justice system. That is why we have not heard a peep from Warners about Ezra Miller's legal problems.

But this is the internet

“Jonathan Majors has officially been charged with assault and harassment. In the complaint, the unnamed female accuser claims Majors did “strike her about the face with an open hand, causing substantial pain and a laceration behind her ear.” She also claims he “put his hand on her neck, causing bruising and substantial pain.”

Variety 20 mins ago.

3 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

“Jonathan Majors has officially been charged with assault and harassment. In the complaint, the unnamed female accuser claims Majors did “strike her about the face with an open hand, causing substantial pain and a laceration behind her ear.” She also claims he “put his hand on her neck, causing bruising and substantial pain.”

Variety 20 mins ago.

Old news. I already posted this news here on Sunday. Again posting it.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jonathan-majors-pleads-innocence-domestic-dispute-arrest-woman-having-emotional-crisis

Edited by Willowra

18 minutes ago, JWR said:

They finally got him. A massive barrier that helped block minority and female lead action movies from being made,  as well as spearheading those weird couple of years where x-men comics were replaced by inhumans.

Also this image of him looking like a demon behind Trump always makes me giggle

rtrleight452169-1574458907.jpg?crop=0.49

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big question is how did he survive this long. His role was diminished back in 2015 when he was removed being part of Marvel Studios. He runs a small business division that generates 50-60m per year which is peanuts for Disney. Plus with all controversies, I am amazed he lasted this long. He is 80 years old !!!!

If Marvel Entertainment is gone I'm not sure how the structure works but since Feige is CCO I think this makes him the highest or second highest ranked person across all of Marvel (idk if Dan Buckley is technically above or below him)

Edited by SpiderByte

2 hours ago, AJG said:

They finally got him. A massive barrier that helped block minority and female lead action movies from being made,  as well as spearheading those weird couple of years where x-men comics were replaced by inhumans.

Also this image of him looking like a demon behind Trump always makes me giggle

rtrleight452169-1574458907.jpg?crop=0.49

Inhumans are the Truth Social of superhero teams

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If Marvel Entertainment is gone I'm not sure how the structure works but since Feige is CCO I think this makes him the highest or second highest ranked person across all of Marvel (idk if Dan Buckley is technically above or below him)

Buckley reports to Big Kev.

IIRC the only things under Marvel Entertainment still were comics, toys, and video games. I'm guessing the last two will swing over to Disneys Consumer Product people.

Marvel Entertainment would've also been the go-between for Marvel and the licensed characters, at this point just Spidey and Sony. No idea what happens there though.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1