A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

Disney has replaced an actor previously with Cheadle but that was pre social media era. Plus Majors is way more high profile than Howard was and MCU was at its inception. Now I think they will sit tight and probably not use Majors for a while hoping things blow over or take the decision to replace him as late as possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Disney has replaced an actor previously with Cheadle but that was pre social media era. Plus Majors is way more high profile than Howard was and MCU was at its inception. Now I think they will sit tight and probably not use Majors for a while hoping things blow over or take the decision to replace him as late as possible. 

that was Marvel or Paramount , not owned by Disney then

I defended him from the initial allegation because they were sketchy and everyone jumped to conclusions before any more facts were known.

Multiple people is too much though. bye 

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

What momentum/ If anything, De Santis is losking momentum.

Ron Desantis is, by far, the most politically successful Republican candidate of the last 3 election cycles. In fact, it isn't close. 

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I agree with everthing bad you say about Trump, but his base still loves him andhe is the heavy favorite to win the GOP nomination in 2024.

The desire to win the general is VERY powerful when one is actually in the ballot box. The size of DT's net worth base of support is greatly exaggerated. Everything thought Biden was out for the count vs. Bernie after New Hampshire when suddenly he exploded in moderate states he didn't even campaign in. Even many in DT's base know he cannot win again. Just give it time. 

All of this drama will fade in Ron says "Look what I did in Florida. Look what you did to our party in 2018, 2020, and 2022. Want to win in November? Vote for me".

He won't be alone. Haley and the others will be saying thing and with much more weight than those who said in 2016 when everyone slept on DT. 

3 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Which conservatives have effectively embraced/swept under the rug.

Combined, their numbers might barely hit double digits.

I 100% agree with you, you NEED the independents to win an election. Ron won't be able to get them either though, he's still campaigning on unpopular fringe Trump era politics but without the presence or charisma to sell it. The dude is terrible on stage, in the media, interacting with people. Zero juice.

Trump has an unmovable 20-30% base, for an R politician to succeed, you need their support. Trump is gunning after this guy SO hard already, he's never gonna be able to get over that in a general election among conservative voters. And he's already losing a ton of Florida support, they're all endorsing Trump. Prior to the past few months, I'd have agreed with you on Ron but he's spun out before he's even started. 

TLDR; Meatball Ron DeSanctimonious is the new Jeb!

Ron is 100x more modern in 2022 than Jeb! was in 2016 LMAO. Jeb had been out of the game forever and W ruined his family name. Horrific comparison. 

In fact, DT's finest moment remains tell Jeb to his face in front of the entire country "The Iraq War was a BIG, FAT, mistake". DT actually showed some rare true leadership as one of the first Repubs to openly say the Iraq war was a "complete disaster".

Disney needs to just stay the course and know the Ron will likely move on from this. 

Edited by excel1

Majors will need to be dropped by Disney soon. Pretty clear not only the criminal courts have a case against him but some journalists are building a pretty strong article about his actions over the years. 

He really is not hard to replace. His biggest role was in a film which bombed and a small role in a TV show. Obvious question is how central he is to Loki which will be a big marketing headache for Disney but it’s only a D+ show, they won’t spend a fortune on it reshooting (Loki still should have been a film series imo) - they can maybe chose a point in the show, depending on its events - to bring in a variant as a new actor but we’ll see how that all plays out.

Personally I think if Guardians struggle then MCU might step away from its current direction and Kang will become a TV villain rather than the big bad.

Certainly interesting to see how Disney reacts to all this. 

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

I feel like Loki will win in a final newly shot end scene or extra episode and reset everything Kang, and Kang will just go away...for awhile...or longer...

I just think he'll be recast, but Kang the character will continue.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Since I already posted it twice, I won't triple/quadruple post by making this comment in the D+ or Loki thread, but I now wonder just what this means for the marketing for Loki S2 as I understand Majors has at least some role in it.  How, ahem, major of a role it is, I don't know given that I don't follow the MCU news all that closely.

Regardless though, I wouldn't want to be on the Disney PR team that has to crack that particular nut.

Yeah, Majors is done in the MCU .

So what do they do now? IMHJO just do what they did with the Hulk...just recast. No reason for massive rewrites. Just recast.

But yeah, the Disney PR people have a bad situation on their hands. And ithough the DC PR people had a tough job with Ezra Miller.

6 hours ago, excel1 said:

It is not 2016. Trump's image is not close to what it was in 2016. His baggage is insane. His one original and "fresh" style is beyond stale and toxic. 25% of the GOP belongs to MAGA, the other 75% do NOT want back in on that endless drama reality soap opera. Trump did not face a single republican with the momentum of DeSantis back in 2016, either. That an absurd general statement to make. 

Have you never followed an election before? Ron's numbers momentarily exploded when he crushed it on election night while the rest DTs candidates flopped. They came back to Earth as Trump announced candidacy and remained in the news cycle. Just wait until DeSantis and others start actually campaigning. 

Donald Trump has an absolutely pathetic record as the leader of the GOP outside of one shock win in 2016. He is divisive, off-putting presence in all-important suburban areas who is the primary reason the party has underperformed in 2018, 2020, and now 2022. He is widely known for his absurd corruption and what he motivated some of his supporters to do on 1/6/21 is an all-time epic embarrassment for everyone involved. DeSantis, Christie, Haley, and even Pence are all about to cut him down to size over this obvious record of facts and no, it is not the kind of Trump can deflect or hide from. Trump cannot win in 2024 and that is an obvious dealbreaker. 

As soon as Ron and other potential candidates get in who are actually serious about winning in 2024, it will be open season and get ugly. 

DeSantis is the most politically successful GOP poltiico of the last 4 years from a MAJOR state. Donald Trump has 10000x more baggage, was just arrested, and seems highly likely to be arrested a few more times....bur you think RON is getting killed ?

Neither of them beat Joe Biden unless something dramatic happens, but Ron would be much more competitive. 

I've followed the last four election cycles rather closely.

What about Trump's leadership of the GOP has hurt him with the base or the party in general? He won't win the general election. We aren't talking about the general election. Wea re talking about the Republican primary. Where for 40% of the party, he isn't divisive. He's sent from god. If you actually think Pence, Christie, Haley, or DeSantis can actually brawl with Trump, you're just wrong. He'll crush them.

• Thanks 2

Just now, kayumanggi said:

I just think he'll be recast, but Kang the character will continue.

This. Worked fine when they recast the Hulk after Ed Norton proved impossible to work with

They also just recast Thunderebolt Ross.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exomassey said:

Yeah it will be really interesting with Loki 2. 

I think that might just stick with Majors for release and maybe reshoot an ending with a new variant or whatever they call it.

Looks like Majors is done after the most recent reports, I wonder if they will stick with Kang or sort of jig things around.

I imagine we might see some major MCU delays anyway. 

They won't have to even do that. Just freaking recast for post loki 2.

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

that was Marvel or Paramount , not owned by Disney then

That was Marvel Studios. who had complete creative control; they just had a releasing deal with Paramount.

I don't know why so many people find simply recasting Kang such an impossible thing to get.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This. Worked fine when they recast the Hulk after Ed Norton proved impossible to work with

They also just recast Thunderebolt Ross.

Because the last thing Marvel needs now is changing the story unless they don't want outputs for TV and the cinemas in the next what, two-three years? They won't do that.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

HOw about just recasting?

SOmetime fanboys just overlook the simplest solution if favor of a more complex one.

Personally It's a huge turn off for me when 2 different people play the same character, it pulls me out of the fantasy world
But I'm pretty sure they'll go with a recasting like you said cause they need Kang as their next big villain.