A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

8 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

This was expected due to the WGA strike. Also, lots of these will be moved again once the scripts are done and the production is in progress.

Good news about AVATAR. The 5-year old who wrote the script for WAY OF WATER will be more mature.

Maybe he knows the 5-year old writing the last few fast movies

53 minutes ago, Eric Prime said:

Genuinely baffled how fans put up with all this shoved down their throats. Like this isn't fun. At all.

You don't have to watch all of them right away. Only put them when they play a major role in a movie that's a couple months away 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Very interesting move to have the new black Ariel actually stick around beyond the current remake. I guess we'll be seeing Bailey pop in whenever they decide to make another princess crossover. I wonder if there are any other examples of major racebendings being pushed this much. The closest ones would be the likes of John Stewart the Green Lantern or Miles Morales the Spider-Man, but those are distinct characters.

12 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

I know we have all been craving new starwars films. But putting 2 in the same year and 3 in a span of 1 and a half years is just a bad idea . One of them close to Kang dynasty ?.

After solo flopping . Iger iterating that starwars should be an event and him slowing down production.  Some of these are place holder dates is what I think to keep fans excited IMO.

Dec or may 26 is  probably the Rey one

2027 is probably filoni one .

Skeptical about dawn of Jedi , won't be surprised if it doesn't fall through.

My gut says filoni's film is may 2026

26 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

BOM says the May 2026 STAR WARS is the Waititi one. 😶

They first want to disappoint people with the movie of Thor 4's director so much that people not even think about watching Rey movie lol

Edited by Willowra

Was just texting one of my old coworkers about the changes who was always kinda… extreme… when it came to Marvel. Conversation basically went like:

“I called in because I don’t think I can work today!”

”I mean maybe it’s not such a bad thing, gives them more time to work on scripts and make a good movie!”

”I don’t care if they’re good, I just want more Marvel!”

Not saying that this is representative of the fanbase as a whole, but yea…

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Very interesting move to have the new black Ariel actually stick around beyond the current remake. I guess we'll be seeing Bailey pop in whenever they decide to make another princess crossover. I wonder if there are any other examples of major racebendings being pushed this much. The closest ones would be the likes of John Stewart the Green Lantern or Miles Morales the Spider-Man, but those are distinct characters.

Nick Fury shifting from David Hasselhof to Sam Jackson apparently started in Marvel Ultimates but clearly was supercharged by MCU even if there is a complicated in-universe justification about how they're separate people. Based on Fury's inclusion in FFH, it appears he meets Sony's definition of a "major marvel character" (or words to that effect).  

I doubt this counts as a "major" race bending but there's clearly a longer term visual legacy to the 2016's Suicide Squad movie's casting of Will Smith as Deadshot. Stuff like "Kill the Justice League" (video game) and Assault on Arkham (movie) both feature Deadshot as African-American. Apparently this doesn't carry over to the comics but they clearly don't want to abandon the Will Smith connection as Deathshot remains semi-elevated as a character able to lead stories as the head of the suicide squad. 

1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

Maybe he knows the 5-year old writing the last few fast movies

Problem is the five year old is named Cameron...........I am conviced that Cameron is a very good director but not that good a writer.

This list is not written in stone;  changes will be made. I am sure the two SW movied in one month is going to change.

I suspect this list was released just to reassure stockholders that Disney is on top of problems caused by an extended writers strike.

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Problem is the five year old is named Cameron...........I am conviced that Cameron is a very good director but not that good a writer.

This list is not written in stone;  changes will be made. I am sure the two SW movied in one month is going to change.

I suspect this list was released just to reassure stockholders that Disney is on top of problems caused by an extended writers strike.

I was referencing the best bit the onion has done

Just now, Reddroast said:

I was referencing the best bit the onion has done

I did not see that one.

But I times I wonder if some screenwrierts, no matter what they actual age, don't have the mentality of a five year old....