A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

4 hours ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

@Cap they just found the director for the inevitable movie version of Rogers: The Musical.

This was easy to see coming though. A number of his collaborators/most popular projects have remained at Disney this whole time and his only two hits at Netflix (Monster and The Watcher) came way too late to make up for the flops and nonstarters that ultimately made up most of that deal.

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

@Cap they just found the director for the inevitable movie version of Rogers: The Musical.

This was easy to see coming though. A number of his collaborators/most popular projects have remained at Disney this whole time and his only two hits at Netflix (Monster and The Watcher) came way too late to make up for the flops and nonstarters that ultimately made up most of that deal.

Nah, they announced this deal during the writers strike while he hasn’t done a damn thing. He could never get Steve Rogers. 

(unless he he gives us bisexual Steve and than I will forgive all)

12 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I honestly cannot wait to fly cost country, first class, and then spend five days sleeping in my hotel room.  (Actually I’m not really joking. I’ve had a very very exhausting 2023. I might just drink by the pool for five days. That kind of sounds amazing.)

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Maybe SDCC can be actually about comic books again.....

Though I think the Disney decision is they are taking a SAG strike as a given, the cast will not be available to promote the movie, so  they are reducing their efforts to bascially handing out PR material and maybe a few film clips..not the big extravangas they have been doing. Suspect the other studios will do the same.

Edited by dudalb

Okay, maybe now it’s starting to make sense why Disney didn’t outright fired Majors like they did with James Gunn in the past.

Please, read this:

If this is the case and the evidence they have corroborate with what his defense is alleging, I hope Majors sues the fuck out of the NYPD.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Okay, maybe now it’s starting to make sense why Disney didn’t outright fired Majors like they did with James Gunn in the past.

Please, read this:

If this is the case and the evidence they have corroborate with what his defense is alleging, I hope Majors sues the fuck out of the NYPD.

Didn't a bunch of people in the nyc acting scene come out and say he's a piece of shit

• Like 1

Please, read this:

The last time his defense team released data proving his innocence it just made him look worse.

4 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Didn't a bunch of people in the nyc acting scene come out and say he's a piece of shit

Not aware of that. 

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

The last time his defense team released data proving his innocence it just made him look worse.

I’m kinda torn on trashing his defense team… yet. Getting proper evidence for a case like this is hard, for a black man - despite being rich - is harder. All I’m saying is that I feel like I jumped the gun here. I will wait to see if the D.A. drops the charges or the actual trial before passing any judgement.

Please, read this:

This is ridiculous.

The lawyer alleged in the April 8 letter that video from Loosie's showed Jabbari dancing and drinking with her new acquaintances and charging their drinks, including rounds of shots and an $800 bottle of Champagne, to Majors' credit card.

Jabbari's phone went silent at 7:45 a.m. She had called Majors 32 times since they parted ways at midnight, and had sent him a series of "angry, jealous text messages" accusing him of infidelity

Jabbari had texted a suicide threat to Majors when he did not respond to her texts, 

Majors let himself into his penthouse. Upstairs, a bedroom door was locked from the inside. He called the resident handyman to force open the door, the lawyer wrote in the letter. Inside, Majors and the handyman found Jabbari half-naked and passed out on the floor of a walk-in closet, Chaudhry said in the letter.

FREE THIS MAN IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

9 hours ago, Cap said:

Nah, they announced this deal during the writers strike while he hasn’t done a damn thing. He could never get Steve Rogers. 

(unless he he gives us bisexual Steve and than I will forgive all)

I dunno, I feel like the fact they're making a big deal out of this even though he never fully left FX/Hulu to begin with leads me to believe they're looking to lock him in a major project of theirs lol. Though probably something not overly challenging like a live-action The Fox and the Hound remake or whatever. As long as we never get a Glee reboot/revival, all is good!

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

This is ridiculous.

FREE THIS MAN IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

He isn’t in jail. But I do feel sick that I was openly trashing him and asking for him to get fired. I’m not saying he isn’t guilty, but we need to get better at making judgements in the court of public opinion, especially when the accused is a Black man. He seems to have the receipts to back this up from extensive video footage to witnesses, so let’s see how it unfolds. The legal letter presented yesterday to the court is even more damning and detailed:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23831079-jonathanmajorschaudhryletter41823

It’s just… holy shit.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I dunno, I feel like the fact they're making a big deal out of this even though he never fully left FX/Hulu to begin with leads me to believe they're looking to lock him in a major project of theirs lol. Though probably something not overly challenging like a live-action The Fox and the Hound remake or whatever. As long as we never get a Glee reboot/revival, all is good!

Ryan Murphy has at least produced some shows for Netflix, that can't be said for the likes of JJ Abrams, DB Weiss and David Benioff who produced little to nothing for WBD and Netflix respectively.

Edited by Jonwo

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

it seems like most of the deal was agreed to before the strike. So they are announcing it to break solidarity, and his AHS has been filming the whole time. So… we aren’t quite scabbing, but we scabbing you know 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

He isn’t in jail. But I do feel sick that I was openly trashing him and asking for him to get fired. I’m not saying he isn’t guilty, but we need to get better at making judgements in the court of public opinion, especially when the accused is a Black man. He seems to have the receipts to back this up from extensive video footage to witnesses, so let’s see how it unfolds. The legal letter presented yesterday to the court is even more damning and detailed:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23831079-jonathanmajorschaudhryletter41823

It’s just… holy shit.

Stop using him being a black man as a crutch lol. It's what gives multi-millionaire actors the ability to pull off shitty pr campaigns like this to save face.

• Like 6

The Majors situation will probably end like almost all other famous abuse situations. The charges will be dropped, nobody will ever actually know what happened, some people (like me) will go on continuing to think he's probably an abuser, others will defend him.

Such is life.

18 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

The Majors situation will probably end like almost all other famous abuse situations. The charges will be dropped, nobody will ever actually know what happened, some people (like me) will go on continuing to think he's probably an abuser, others will defend him.

Such is life.

I don’t know, man. This is an incredibly messy situation, and we are talking about a black man that regardless if this is dropped or is found not guilty, his career is ruined. His reputation is tarnished. I think it’s important to listen to the victims, but from what I’m gathering here, defense is saying they have bodycam video proof that the alleged victim didn’t even said that he hit her, that’s on NYPD’s. They are claiming they have video footage and witnesses to back it up, incredibly messy situation.

Edited by ZattMurdock