A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

Avengers fans are still getting like 9 tv shows in 2024 lol, that's an ass-load of content. Also, no way is Thunderbolts gonna be the big 2024 Christmas window movie, some studio should move a bigger thing onto there

what 9 shows,they barely have 2 shows for next year 

Just now, dobrevv said:

what 9 shows,they barely have 2 shows for next year 

Ironheart, X-Men '97, What If season 2, Daredevil, Marvel Zombies, Agatha, Spider-Man: Freshman Year, and Wonder Man are all either shooting or completed so they'll come out between 2024-2025

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Ironheart, X-Men '97, What If season 2, Daredevil, Marvel Zombies, Agatha, Spider-Man: Freshman Year, and Wonder Man are all either shooting or completed so they'll come out between 2024-2025

Genuinely baffled how fans put up with all this shoved down their throats. Like this isn't fun. At all.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, Eric Prime said:

Genuinely baffled how fans put up with all this shoved down their throats. Like this isn't fun. At all.

Secret Invasion drops next week, did anyone even know this lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

I think I read somewhere that The Marvels has an exclusive IMAX contract for several weeks. No idea if that's true.
Both movies are shot entirely with IMAX-certified digital cameras.

-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMAX_films#Films_shot_entirely_with_IMAX-certified_digital_cameras

That's an error, I'm pretty sure. I can't find any news article or comment about The Marvels that even mentions IMAX cameras let alone claiming it was filmed entirely with IMAX cameras. The source in that wikipedia list doesn't mention The Marvels either.

Edited by Avatree

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

wonder-man has stopped filming cause of strike,agatha just finished filming and barely anybody watches mcu animation 

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

That's an error, I'm pretty sure. I can't find any news article or comment about The Marvels that even mentions IMAX cameras let alone claiming it was filmed entirely with IMAX cameras. The source in that wikipedia list doesn't mention The Marvels either.

The pdf that's linked says this:

1 minute ago, dobrevv said:

wonder-man has stopped filming cause of strike,agatha just finished filming and barely anybody watches mcu animation 

wonder man was shut down the same time as thunderbolts and that's still set for 2024

12 minutes ago, Avatree said:

The Marvels is on the list, and it was filmed entirely with IMAX cameras (click on the number and it will redirect to the IMAX pdf). But I don't think it will have exclusive contract with IMAX for several weeks; I think all three movies will damage each other's box office prospects and all end up below 500 at the box office.

Edited by Willowra
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

The pdf that's linked says this:

Your link isn't working but yes actually i found it now, I searched for "marvels" and got nothing, but it says Captain Marvel 2.

The list of films is incorrect though. That list says Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4, Black Panther 2 were also "filmed in IMAX". None of them were. Pretty sure Mission Impossible isn't either. They probably just mean "The film is getting an IMAX release".

Regardless, a random 2021 imax financial result powerpoint presentation isn't really proof that The Marvels was filmed in IMAX. Like I said, I can't find any actual evidence of the filming being done with IMAX cameras.

happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by Avatree

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Your link isn't working but yes actually i found it now, I searched for "marvels" and got nothing, but it says Captain Marvel 2.

The list of films is incorrect though. That list says Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4, Black Panther 2 were also "filmed in IMAX". None of them were. Pretty sure Mission Impossible isn't either. They probably just mean "The film is getting an IMAX release".

They all had scenes filmed in IMAX. That’s all it takes to receive that designation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

Jesus Christ those Avatar dates. 

Also...at this point they should just give up on Kang.

Deadpool must be WELL on its way if they're bringing it forward that much. It could be they're just gonna rely on it being hyped more than anything else on their immediate slate, even if the strike affects the end product.

I was thinking Marvel wanted a guaranteed win at the Box office, so they moved it up to try to pump enthusiasm for the July movie...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Wait a minute - they have Inside Out 2 and Mufasa only 3 weeks apart?  That, like Star Wars the same year, is another interesting choice...

I think Mufasa will be delayed. That date is only 2 days after Despicable Me 4 opens.

I know we have all been craving new starwars films. But putting 2 in the same year and 3 in a span of 1 and a half years is just a bad idea . One of them close to Kang dynasty ?.

After solo flopping . Iger iterating that starwars should be an event and him slowing down production.  Some of these are place holder dates is what I think to keep fans excited IMO.

Dec or may 26 is  probably the Rey one

2027 is probably filoni one .

Skeptical about dawn of Jedi , won't be surprised if it doesn't fall through.

• Like 1