Punishment

Weekend Actuals 5/9-5/11 Neigh 49, TASM 35.5, TOW 9.6, HIFR 7.5

They destroyed the best Spider-Man story arc anyway in TASM2 . I don't see how Sony can save the character and I doubt that even marvel can. The only thing I can think is giving a more mature Spider-Man to the audiences with really horrifying villains (scary green goblin, the werewolf Jameson's son , a hideous horror-like looking lizard ) and try to get away from the safe money of the children (who will watch it anyway ) plus nail every single character . A very likable Peter Parker, no Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy in the first movie , Jonah Jameson like he was in the raimi movies , an aunt May that's old and fragile and the viewer feels sorry for her e.t.c The viewer must be a bit afraid of the villains and no Spider-Man movie has succeeded that while other superhero movies have done that from the joker and bale in Nolan's batman to the red skull in the first captain America . Just compare Jeff bridges in the suit of iron monger to the ...rhino we saw in TASM2 .

Doc Ock was better than the vast majority of Marvel villains to date.
  • Like 13

How much will Winter Solider finish with DOM? It's at just over $245M now...

I think $255m is almost attainable by months end. Pushing past that and entering discount theaters it could crawl to $260M, maybe a bit more($262m is TASM1).

I think $255m is almost attainable by months end. Pushing past that and entering discount theaters it could crawl to $260M, maybe a bit more($262m is TASM1).

I'm hoping for a bit over $260M+ myself. If Disney does what they usually do AND Maleficent's actually a hit, double features could put it over TASM1's $262M DOM.

• Like 2

Not really he was likable like almost all the villains in raimi's movies, even Norman Osborne . They need unlikable villains ,like they are on the comics and other superhero movies . This "giving fake depth" to every villain gets old fast. The best villains in action movies have always been the vicious ,mean ones .

Among all heroes, Spidey has one of the best rogues galleries. Batman may have an edge, but it's not a huge one. (Flash, arguably, also has a great set of villains. It'll be interesting to see if that comes across onscreen.)

In cinematic terms, few of the MCU villains compare to anything Spidey has had. Hiddleston's Loki measures up very well (at least in Thor), but Malekith barely had any presence in the film.

IM's villains range from cartoonish to buffoonish (or both). They're fun to view on screen, but lack real depth. Nobody really goes to an IM film for the villains anyway, though. It's all about that RDJ presence.

Red Skull was pretty uninspired (perhaps because Hugo Weaving didn't seem too enthused about the part), and Winter Soldier was oddly not compelling (perhaps because Sebastian Stan isn't a strong enough actor.)

• Like 1