CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Now I'm one of those who loved Jacksons king kong so wasn't expecting this to hold a footnote to that one however that was a good teaser. It builds suspense well and I'm surprised with the talent they have on screen. Goodman and Jackson from the trailer are already better characters than we had in godzilla. I tend to find new directors are more likely to bring out those unexpected gems. Hoping this is one as right now I'm very intrigued

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well I do have to sort of question what sort of diet this thing maintains in an effort to stay as large as he is on this island he lives on???? Something this size is going to have to have a food chain to sustain this??? :popcorn:

Bananas.

• Like 5

Jackson's Kong wasn't bad per say. It was just way too long and boring for the first hour or so. And the entire Dinasour chase scene was mildly entertaining but the CGI was TERRIBLE looking. 

Second half all was pretty good otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, junkshop36 said:

Jackson's Kong wasn't bad per say. It was just way too long and boring for the first hour or so. And the entire Dinasour chase scene was mildly entertaining but the CGI was TERRIBLE looking. 

2006 saw two love letters in Kong and Superman Returns.  Nothing wrong with them at all, just nothing to bring them to the next level.

• Like 1

WB is pulling off the same Godzilla-remake strategy on this film's marketing. The trailer looks to be in the similar tune as the Godzilla remake. I hope in the actual movie they dont show very little about the monster like they did on Godzilla.

I also like it that KK is going to fight against relatively modern warfare. You really need that to defeat a giant monster. (That's one thing about Jackson's KK I dont like as it took only a few guys and a couple of ropes to get such a mighty monster entangled.) I want to see the monster's full power unleashed, so I hope in this new movie they dont do it cheap.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

The cgi was great for its time. If you thighs king and the t-rex looked terrible then you have no clue 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

The GUN!!!!!!!!!! DUDE!!!! You're the only one I even missed from KJ.. How you doing Gun???

It's definitely been a while.  I'm good man, branching out from the mundane that KJ has become.  Still working in film and TV, still not quite there but consistent enough.  KJ definitely is missing your flair. The trolling is almost manufactured now which is kind of annoying.  How are things with you?  I don't think we've talked since before the Avengers. Would love to hear your thoughts on Ruffalo's Hulk.

12 hours ago, Jessie said:

The cgi was great for its time. If you thighs king and the t-rex looked terrible then you have no clue 

Correction.  The CGI is pretty standard.  It's the motion capture that was fantastic. The CGI isn't even in the top 5 for 2005.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thegun said:

Correction.  The CGI is pretty standard.  It's the motion capture that was fantastic. The CGI isn't even in the top 5 for 2005.

Kong has one dodgy stampede scene but the rest looked pretty great. There isn't 5 films with better cgi in 2005, you're simply wrong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thegun said:

What are the five in 2005 that had better CGI than Kong?

Agree, We're talking strictly CGI, Kong is actually almost a step down. Even a film like Jurassic Park III holds up better. Kong outside of the motion capture looks pretty meh. Kong is beautiful, the rest is pretty uneven.

However to say something looks fake is subjective.  Kong battling dinosaurs is fake no matter what.  My list would be:

Goblet of Fire

Sin City

Narnia

War of the Worlds

Sith (This is very dated in spots too, but its original so I'll take it over dinosaurs worst than 13 years earlier)

Edited by Thegun

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Ruffalo HULK steals it.. The AVENGERS(2012) was nothing short of kickass and I did enjoy AGE OF ULTRON, but understand why a lot of people didn't.. That was a movie coming off such great success from the 1st movie, that it really was hard to replicate that al over again.. CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR?? I thought that was better than both of The AVENGERS movie.. BLACK PANTHER?? Perfection.. I totally dig The WINTER SOLDIER and look forward to thawing his ass out for more throw downs in the future.. Just make sure they have those "Words" n hand that makes him flip out and everything is cool...  Yeah, I'm surprised KJ is still around and still has the same look from even back then when I was there.. Oh, and what's a "Zwackwerm"?? That's quite a unique username.. :rofl:

I like Ruffalo, would have loved to have seen Norton do it. You ever hear the story of Ruffalo at comic con when it was down to the wire and they said "And coming back as Hulk" for his announcement. And he was like "Uh do I go out?"

Zwackwerm is a kid.  Basically an idiot that claims to know more than anyone but is so horrendously wrong all the time.  People say his name when someone says something stupid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tele Loves Bay & Twilight said:

I'm not particularly angling for any side here, but I think SWIII, NARNIA, HP, WOTW, and even stuff like CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY or BB have claim to the top 5.

BB?  Come on, what's there is good but...they weren't exactly reaching for the star there.

Come on.  There some dodgy CG, but there's some truly amazing stuff in KK too.  

23 minutes ago, kowhite said:

BB?  Come on, what's there is good but...they weren't exactly reaching for the star there.

Come on.  There some dodgy CG, but there's some truly amazing stuff in KK too.  

Some things are harder to do with CGI and few people actually understand that.

• Like 1