CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

I just watched Godzilla for the first time in well over a year, and OMG that first 90 minutes is an absolute snoozefest. It took 35 minutes to show a monster and it took 55 minutes to show Godzilla. ATJ graced us with the phone in performance of 2014. The sequel has a ton of things to correct and if it doesn't then audiences will give up on Godzilla all together.

• Like 5

Looks great, I'm hyped. These are my favorite type of genre films, jungle adventure. 

Godzilla was ok, but people are wrong. They showed Godzilla just enough. Had you CARED about the characters/plot and everything else it wouldn't have been a issue. But when theres no emotional thrust all you care about is monster screen time. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Looks great, I'm hyped. These are my favorite type of genre films, jungle adventure. 

Godzilla was ok, but people are wrong. They showed Godzilla just enough. Had you CARED about the characters/plot and everything else it wouldn't have been a issue. But when theres no emotional thrust all you care about is monster screen time. 

Hah I didn't care as much about actually seeing King King here too! The more they kept showing the cast, I was like Wow! He's in this too? And she's in this? lol

I have a lot of faith in that cast and Brie Larson should dominate in the main role.

From the ride at Universal, we might get Dinosaurs in this too.

16 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Ummm why? this clearly is going to be a big ass hit.

Is it? March 2017 is pretty packed right now.

March 3- Wolverine 3, The Shack

March 10- Kong: Skull Island

March 17- Beauty and the Beast, Baby Driver

March 24- King Arthur, Life, Power Rangers

March 31- The Boss Baby, Ghost in the Shell, The Zookeeper's Wife

17 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I see that in the King Arthur trailer they only put the yea (2017),not the month. So I hope they move it. The trailer is doing better than Kong and I don't want to see it flop.

Probably the best trailer out of the jizzfest WB unloaded at us.

FB was good but still a bit vague.

JL footage was cool but the BVS memories are still strong.

WW was good.

Arthur was intriguing.

Was already sold on SS.

Kong is king.

3 hours ago, babz06 said:

Wow. And May is so empty... 

I think Godzilla is one of the better blockbusters of the last couple years.

Loved that he was kept in the background and they only showed bits and pieces of him. Call me old-fashioned, but I would have been bored as hell if he had been front and center throughout the movie. The less is more approach, focusing on the characters and showing how this insane force of nature affects them, is way more effective, imo. Granted, the characters in Godzilla, ATJ in particular, could have been more interesting.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

You know how long it took to se the shark in JAWS??? Close to an hour before you actually saw this thing and it worked..

This isn't the 70's anymore, they want to see the main attraction early and often. Plus Spielberg didn't show the shark that often because he was afraid it was going to look fake. It ended up working great for that film but that wouldn't cut it today.

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

You know how long it took to se the shark in JAWS??? Close to an hour before you actually saw this thing and it worked..

Jaws works because everything else was top notch - actors, characters, dialogue, plotting, humor, building dread and tension etc.

Almost all of that was absent in Godzilla 2014 which is why waiting for him to sporadically show up is a chore.

• Like 11