CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

3 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Henry Jackman (Monsters vs. AliensUncharted 4: A Thief's EndCaptain America: The Winter Soldier) will score Kong: Skull Island.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/09/19/henry-jackman-to-score-kong-skull-island/

Lol @ the comments.

Kong has been scored by Max Steiner, John Barry, James Newton Howard, and now Henry Jackman. So from heavily melodic to not at all. Uh, that's kinda interesting.

Now just imagine if his main theme is a just be a slowed down version of Time. I think I might just lose it, if I hear that.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

9 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

I personally don't mind the over-sized King Kong. I think the trailer looks good. I am curious if this can make more than the 2005 King Kong. 

King Kong 2005- 50.1 million/218.1 million but if inflated it made 67.7 million/292.5 million

I think it can, especially if it is more consistent in presenting action, like Jurassic World did, instead of King Kong 05 or Godzilla 14. Audiences seem to dig more action up.

• Like 1

Seeing the trailer on the big screen was the best part of Deepwater Horizon

On 9/21/2016 at 10:25 AM, NoobSaibot said:

Henry Jackman (Monsters vs. AliensUncharted 4: A Thief's EndCaptain America: The Winter Soldier) will score Kong: Skull Island.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/09/19/henry-jackman-to-score-kong-skull-island/

Lol @ the comments.

100953-Michael-Scott-NO-gif-Imgur-C7Xd.g

• Like 1

I really don't get the love or hate most composers get. I barely even notice the background score in most movies, especially now that movies have just decided not to have any memorable themes anymore. So any composer providing the music for any movie is fine by me.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I really don't get the love or hate most composers get. I barely even notice the background score in most movies, especially now that movies have just decided not to have any memorable themes anymore. So any composer providing the music for any movie is fine by me.

This is why we care. 

• Like 13

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

Unfortunately, most directors nowadays think exactly the same.

(Directors that throw childish tantrums when studios take reins of their visionary mess but those so-called artists have no qualms throwing out musicians under the bus either by slaughtering the mix, keeping them on a leash to churn out shit in order to meet impossible deadlines, squandering any originality or personal style by adhering to trendy droning Zimmer Control's background noise and firing them at will like used condoms).

Edited by dashrendar44

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

That video is awful.

Marvel movies all have themes, some of them are really good, the problem is that they tend to only last for one movie.

I would argue that Alan Sivestri s score for the  first Avengers became a bit of the blue print for the Marvel brand musically.

Edited by The Futurist

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I would argue that Alan Sivestri s score for the  first Avengers became a bit of the blue print for the Marvel brand musically.

It's the only theme they've used in more then one film, discounting the Captain America: First Avenger Theme.

The issue is that is that Marvel is lackluster with music continuity.

14 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Unfortunately, most directors nowadays think exactly the same.

(Directors that throw childish tantrums when studios take reins of their visionary mess but those so-called artists have no qualms throwing out musicians under the bus either by slaughtering the mix, keeping them on a leash to churn out shit in order to meet impossible deadlines, squandering any originality or personal style by adhering to trendy droning Zimmer Control's background noise and firing them at will like used condoms).

Well-said. Back in the 80's and 90's, even lesser / crappy Hollywood wannabe blockbusters could have really epic or great themes, nowadays a lot of bad and even good movies are way likelier to have unmelodic or unmemorable music, since so many Zimmer clones or composers that are forced to use his sound, are scoring them.

On 10/2/2016 at 0:58 AM, grim22 said:

This is how I feel entirely. As long as it isn't distracting, I'll be fine. I was fine with Desplat's score for Godzilla, yet so many people complained that it didn't fit the "mold" for the movie it was in. I thought it worked just fine. Not every movie needs a John Williams score, or Junkie XL.

Granted, I probably don't care as much because a lot of movie soundtracks these days sound identical and I expected nothing different for this one.

On October 2, 2016 at 8:46 PM, John Marston said:

don't mind Henry Jackman. I actually like some of his scores like X-Men First Class, Civil War, and Kingsman. Now someone like Junkie XL on the other hand. *gag*

Junkie XL did Fury Road.

Hes got a forever pass forever.  Plus 300-2 was solid.

I do like Jackman.  First Class and Kingsman were aces.

• Like 1