CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

This is how you make posters and look at all that talent. HOLY FUCK.

WB has best marketing department in hollywood. Yes, even better than Disney. Imagine if their tentpole films were actually any good...could easily be grossing much more...

Hopefully, kong bucks the trend and is awesome. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

Great posters, especially the second one, but I still don't know how I feel about Kong being Godzilla-sized.

This is also my biggest concern. If he were half the size he'd still be too large. I'm very leery on this. Doesn't feel like the Kong I'm going to prefer, it's the Kong I'm getting though. 

30 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

This is also my biggest concern. If he were half the size he'd still be too large. I'm very leery on this. Doesn't feel like the Kong I'm going to prefer, it's the Kong I'm getting though. 

They can't make him smaller since they want to match him up with Godzilla, but I too prefer him smaller.

The posters are glorious and since the film takes place during Vietnam the Apocalypse Now similarities can't be a coincidence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

David wasn't a giant lizard with atomic breath was he?

No. But then again, David wouldn't be Godzilla in this analogy, would he?

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Alas, King Kong doesn't have David's slingshot skills.

True, but a size difference would give Kong a speed advantage over Godzilla, who is notoriously slow powerhouse. If Godzilla can't hit you, who cares if he has atomic breath.

Edited by RandomJC