CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla Thurs: 9.3, other thurs #s also: Neighbors 3.5M, ASM2: 1.9M

but he is ignoring that Godzilla is not a completely original movie. Godzilla/monster movies have large enough fanbases to create some frontloading

Except I'd expect sequels to fan driven movies to be more front loaded.

All due respect to Ray, I think it's a little early to speculate about numbers over $100 million. For all we know, Godzilla had a massive fanboy turnout last night. I think the window is as wide as $70m-110m, with the likely outcome somewhere between $77-90m.

I think you're way off.  The window is no more than 69.9 to about 109.5.  Come on Shawn.  

• Like 5

Shawn's 75 Million Tracking report seems to be spot on with this 9 million midnight numbers.  I was thinking more 60-65 range but again I have to see Friday's number cause Shawn may be right, last night midnights could of been fanboy rush but it's looking good for this reboot thus far for sure. 

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Except I'd expect sequels to fan driven movies to be more front loaded.

It's a grey area, for sure. It's easy to see how this Godzilla would be acting like a sequel with its decades' worth of fans and huge online hype over the past few months.

• Like 1

I think you're way off.  The window is no more than 69.9 to about 109.5.  Come on Shawn.

Well Nikki's tweet last night beats both of you.My sources say over/under on 'Godzilla' is $77M/$65M domestic weekend grosses. Should be big internationally.10:00pm - 15 May 14NikkiFinke
  • Like 2

All due respect to Ray, I think it's a little early to speculate about numbers over $100 million. For all we know, Godzilla had a massive fanboy turnout last night. I think the window is as wide as $70m-110m, with the likely outcome somewhere between $77-90m.

100m+ is going to happen fo sho.

• Like 1

I definitely curious about the word of mouth on this one.

My FB was flooded with good responses. Then again my friends suck at movie opinions .
  • Like 1

I don't think this is purely fanboy film, the numbers clearly indicate that it's not. It has MASSIVE appeal, it wouldn't be grossing OW 75M+, maybe even $100M if it was a "fanboy" film. 53-58% drop is what I'm expecting next week and that monday should help.

• Like 3

This lizard might be taking a bigger bite out of Spidey than initially expected... 55% drop for the web crawler this weekend?

Its loss of imax will hurt it the most. I think mid 50s drop seems about right...thurs # will be interesting.
  • Like 1