baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

CJohn, I still say by tomorrow, either Saturday or sunday will go up cause I still say these estimates were premature and jumping the gun a bit.. 93M is great, but still..

You do realize this happens, 

every,

single,

weekend, right?

• Like 2

Forbes is a place where pretentious writers are hired who have no idea about the subject they are talking about.  They only hire writers who sound like they know what they are talking about.

Almost sounds like the United States political system.

• Like 1

Well Rallax, it needs to change then cause I still say it's jumping the gun out of impatience, both on the studio and the site posting it..

Its pretty simple BKB. History shows pretty much how a film will perform on a Sunday. The amount they're off is % points. Nothing to worry about.
  • Like 4

Well Rallax, it needs to change then cause I still say it's jumping the gun out of impatience, both on the studio and the site posting it..

the estimates may go up if they have to, but it's not because of impatience. the studios don't like to put out lower numbers. and sites, poor them..they just report what they get from the studios. if estimates go up it's because business on sunday exceeds expectations. nothing else going on. fudging only happens when estimates are better than actuals. nobody fudges the other way. not even honest studios like sony.

• Like 3

Everyone else was a lot more patient that I was...

Edited by rallax
  • Like 1

In terms of visuals, no. In terms of story and characters, hell yes. There is nothing wrong with criticizing TA's look. It's not a perfect film.

Oh I know.  I will never say Avengers is a great looking movie, because it's not.  It's about as servicable as you can possibly get.  But I don't knock it down a couple of notches because of that, just like I don't give Godzilla extra points because it has it.

• Like 1

Oh I know.  I will never say Avengers is a great looking movie, because it's not.  It's about as servicable as you can possibly get.  But I don't knock it down a couple of notches because of that, just like I don't give Godzilla extra points because it has it.

I don't either. Still something I would like to see them fix.

• Like 1