baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Back to normal, I must say I haven't hears such a mixed crowd reaction for a while in my theater. A lot of people passionately hated it and we had a few walk outs, and on the other hand there were lot of positive reactions, a couple came back straight away to book tickets to an IMAX showing. (Why would you go and watch it in regular 3D if you have the time to watch it in IMAX, don't ask me). It seems like that it's a polarizing movie, will be interesting to see how does it translate to its legs.

I think people that go in expecting to see Godzilla before an hour will be disappointed. That's a legitimate gripe imo. You have to be ready for that, lol.

• Like 3

Back to normal, I must say I haven't hears such a mixed crowd reaction for a while in my theater. A lot of people passionately hated it and we had a few walk outs, and on the other hand there were lot of positive reactions, a couple came back straight away to book tickets to an IMAX showing. (Why would you go and watch it in regular 3D if you have the time to watch it in IMAX, don't ask me). It seems like that it's a polarizing movie, will be interesting to see how does it translate to its legs.

First time I heard of walk outs, most of the reactions I have heard have been positive.Honestly I thought polarizing consensus was either, OMG AWESOME or meh.
  • Like 1

Speaking of bad WOM, what the hell was Sony thinking with the mid-week release of GINO 98? They had to know from test screenings that it wasn't going to have good WOM. By the time the weekend rolled around, it was already losing a lot of steam. Could have opened a lot stronger if they opened on a Friday.

First time I heard of walk outs, most of the reactions I have heard have been positive.Honestly I thought polarizing consensus was either, OMG AWESOME or meh.

Maybe they were taking a nature break.

except MI4 didn't have TDKR preview in most of its showing (it was only playing in real 70mm IMAX) so I doubt it is what caused MI4 to break out

It did drive the preview screenings which in turn led to positive word of mouth.

Hail.

• Like 3

I've never had a bigger orgasm in a movie theater. Absolutely incredible and satisfying. The film I've waited for and more.

What!? Really!? Rich! Where are you?
  • Like 2

I've never had a bigger orgasm in a movie theater. Absolutely incredible and satisfying. The film I've waited for and more.

Okay, how many people were at the theater and how many that got in you?
  • Like 4